Gourmet Settings Balance 20-Piece Stainless Steel Flatware Set, Service for 4

Gourmet Settings Balance 20-Piece Stainless Steel Flatware Set, Service for 4I saw this flatware and just had to have it because of it's style. It's very well made and the knives have no "seams" like my old knives; the blade and handle are made as a single piece. The pieces and long and elegant and well-balanced. The only drawback is that the teaspoons do not fit into a container of Yoplait yogurt because of their width, so I did not get rid of my older spoons. That is the only reason I give this 4 stars instead of 5. They come out of the dishwasher beautifully clean. I just love them!

I was looking for a modern design set of flatware without spending a fortune and I found it. After falling in love with several modern flatware sets, including Dansk Odin, which costs about $100 for one 5-piece place setting, I decided to give this set a try. If I didn't like it, it could be relegated to my beach house which has become over the years a receptacle for purchases I'm not crazy about. Much to my surprise, this set is much nicer than it's price indicates. The pieces are the larger continental size, they are heavy (I don't care what any other reviewer says, I know what I'm talking about), and they have a mod look that usually comes at a much higher price point.

The negatives are, the wedge shape of the knife blade seems a little awkward, as most modern cutlery does. The handles may be thin for persons used to traditionaly designed handles. Although people who are used to the modern handles will find them comfortable and quite manuverable. Some people (those who don't know how to use a spoon properly) wont like the large circular spoons. But if you do know how to properly use a spoon it wont be an issue.

All in all, it's a very nice set at an unbeatable price for what you get. I've lived with mine for a month now and I will be purchasing another 20-piece set to make 8 place settings in all.

Buy Gourmet Settings Balance 20-Piece Stainless Steel Flatware Set, Service for 4 Now

Maybe I'm not having luck with Amazon flatware sets. I returned two sets and this one also came with some defects. It had tough dark grey stuff on edges of many of the pieces. Most of them came off by scratching them with finger nail. But some of them were lodged in grooves and I couldn't get them off. They were grooves that weren't supposed to be there. (I posted the pic of it).

Update: The replacement set also came with a few pieces with similar defects. Luckly I still had the old set, so I swapped out the bad pieces and returned the old set with all bad ones. If you are returning this set, hold on the the old one till you inspect the replacement set.

Read Best Reviews of Gourmet Settings Balance 20-Piece Stainless Steel Flatware Set, Service for 4 Here

These are nice. I bought 2 sets but I see they are rusting and chipping already. The spoons are sooo big you can't put them in your mouth!

Want Gourmet Settings Balance 20-Piece Stainless Steel Flatware Set, Service for 4 Discount?

This flatware was more beautiful than expected. And marked 18/10!! Love the shape of the spoons. The knife is pure elegance. Shipped quickly. Totally satisfied.

Save 28% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment