Gourmet Ridge "Vegetable Knife" 8"

Gourmet Ridge 'Vegetable Knife' 8'handle too short

ridge is for right handed people not left

okay knife but nothing special still prefer my old henckel 8 inch chef

First Wusthof I ever bought, last one I'll ever buy. I tried it once and sent it back. I guess I should've assumed that ridge was only on the right side and since I am left handed, it was useless. It's a great design, that little ridge to "push" food away when slicing but it's useable with the right hand only.

Also, the cut-outs... very rough edges which means the food I was cutting got caught in there. And finally for the money I paid, it felt very cheap. Too light, uncomfortable in the hand due to a plastic handle with a seam that was noticeably felt in the hand, just all around huge disappointment.

The seller was very gracious and gave me a full refund when I returned the knife. Although I didn't like the knife, I would absolutely purchase from the seller, Cutlery and More again. Seller packaged item very well and shipped to me very quickly.

Thank you, Cutlery and More you are great :)

Buy Gourmet Ridge "Vegetable Knife" 8" Now

The rib is only on one side so if you are left handed it might not work. But I find it very effective and no more swiping my knife across the top edge of the pan or pot to clean it off.

Read Best Reviews of Gourmet Ridge "Vegetable Knife" 8" Here

Solidly constructed knife, obviously a hallmark of the Wusthof brand. Lighter than some of the other Wusthofs I've used as I normally work with lighter Globals this was a welcomed surprise. This has been my work knife for the past few weeks and I don't have too many complaints about it save for the fact that the manner in which I often cut (that is, with a "claw" like grip on some foods that are harder to stabilize) causes the holes in this knife to chafe the middle part of my middle finger (which I use as a sort of guide when chopping/slicing).

Also, and this is a minor thing not really affecting the utility of the knife, but after only about 2 months of use the red "W" brand on the handle/grip of the knife has totally rubbed off. It's just a little silver square now. Thankfully, the blade is branded but still. Slightly sucky.

Overall, I'm not "wowed" by this knife, but cannot find any significant defects either. The special design of this blade is fairly successful at what it claims to do.

Want Gourmet Ridge "Vegetable Knife" 8" Discount?

This is a very good knife to slice sticky vegetables or fruits like potatoes, apples etc. as they separate very easy from the knife surface.

It s not good to fine slice onions using classic techniques.

As I am right-handed this knife is OK for me but it will nor work for left-handed persons. This is the reason of the three stars

Save 22% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment