Chef's Choice M450 Diamond Hone Manual Straight Edge Sharpener

Chef's Choice M450 Diamond Hone Manual Straight Edge SharpenerI've had one of these for a year or two, and it works great. It puts a sharp edge on every (non-serrated) knife I've tried, including my Swiss Army knife. The edge seems to last a reasonable length of time, I don't find that I have to use the sharpener all that often. But when you want to slice tomatoes, you need a good edge on your knife, and this sharpener fills the bill for me.

Now, I'm no chef, I'm a rank amateur when it comes to sharpening knives, so if you're very picky, or a pro, or just very well educated in sharpening knives, then this may or may not be for you.

I've read comments about similar models to this one, and I'm surprised at some people's complaints. First of all, take a minute to read the directions, and you'll be glad you did. Secondly, there are two wheels which you're suppposed to hold the knife against while you draw it through the sharpener. Ideally, they both turn as you draw the knife through, but DON'T WORRY if they don't both turn all the time! They're there as a guide to how to orient the knife, that's all. If you're close, it still works just fine.

This is a quick and easy way to sharpen most knives but does not work too well with my vegetable knives those I still sharpen with a whetstone. Incidentally sharping with a whetstone gives me a better edge but this is good enough for everyday use.

Buy Chef's Choice M450 Diamond Hone Manual Straight Edge Sharpener Now

I love this knife sharpener. It is very easy to use, it works well, and it's practical. It sharpens my knives just like they said it would. :)

Read Best Reviews of Chef's Choice M450 Diamond Hone Manual Straight Edge Sharpener Here

I've had this item for about 4 years and just bought one for my brother after visiting him and trying to use his very dull knives.

Overall it works very well. If you are good with a stone, you can get a better edge, but for 95% of your cutting the edge on this knife sharpener works very well. I also like it better than some of the electric sharpeners. The electric devices can really chew up your knife if you aren't careful.

The trick to getting a good edge with this device is to follow the instructions. I know this sounds obvious but I had this thing for several years and didn't quite use it correctly. I found a couple of videos on YouTube that showed the correct way to use this sharpener.

Here is one that looks reasonable ->

Want Chef's Choice M450 Diamond Hone Manual Straight Edge Sharpener Discount?

Used properly, this will put an amazing edge on blades. The trick seems to be GENTLE strokes. I used one of these for several years and finally wore most of the diamond off. Works great. Better than any other sharpener that I've used.

Save 28% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment