Schmidt Brothers Cutlery, SCIDBSS, Downtown Block, Wood Display Block with Metal Base

Schmidt Brothers Cutlery, SCIDBSS, Downtown Block, Wood Display Block with Metal BaseArrived with broken plexyglass. Magnet is weak and does not hold the knives fast.Thinner profile ones retreat into the bowing, thin glass and the entire assembly has to be eptied and turned around. Terrible.

I bought this knife block for my Dad who just redid his kitchen. It looked like good quality, and especially for the price! When he opened it on his birthday, the plexiglass on one corner had a crack where it was screwed together. He said he can use it and just turn it around, but I think I'm going to return it.

Buy Schmidt Brothers Cutlery, SCIDBSS, Downtown Block, Wood Display Block with Metal Base Now

I'm not sure about the quality of the block, but it's interesting that the one I just bought (which was used from Amazon Warehouse) that said the condition was good came with the plexiglass corner by the screw cracked off. I'm thinking the review above me that described the same situation resulted in the buyer returning it and then they resold it to me!! I'm returning it today, the day I received it. So disappointing because it seemed so attractive and a good knife solution for a tight ledge in my kitchen.

Read Best Reviews of Schmidt Brothers Cutlery, SCIDBSS, Downtown Block, Wood Display Block with Metal Base Here

This a nice looking, sturdy knife rack of an unusual design. When I received the package I was very pleased with the design, but very disappointed in the assembly quality. The two plastic sides are meant to parallel the central wood block, but on mine they were bowed out in the center, the anchoring screws were askew and some were not screwed tight.

I was so disappointed that I returned the block for a replacement, only to find the same problem with the second. I again returned it and when the third arrived, it too was poorly assembled. I gave up.

Want Schmidt Brothers Cutlery, SCIDBSS, Downtown Block, Wood Display Block with Metal Base Discount?

I bought this would block thinking it would be a nice edition to my kitchen, but when the first one arrived, it was cracked by one of the screws. I gave the brand the benefit of doubt and exchanged it for a 2nd one which arrived not cracked. However, a few weeks later, the plastic sides started to warp out. At that point, I had threw out all the packaging and figured I can deal with the warping. It's now been 7 months and the magnetic wooden center is actually losing its metal attraction, so parts of it can't even hold up the knifes I have in there. I don't recommend this product to anyone. I'm very upset to have wasted so much money on this product.

Save 6% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment