Oneida Satin Dover 20-Piece Stainless Flatware Set , Service for 4

Oneida Satin Dover 20-Piece Stainless Flatware Set , Service for 4I bought my original Oneida Dover satin flatware a few years ago. I wanted something pretty but not as demanding as sterling silver. I only use it a few times a year. I needed some additional place settings for Thanksgiving, so I ordered them online. After receiving them, I noticed that the raised floral design on some pieces was inconsistent. For instance, what was supposed to be a flower was just a flattened disk. And in fact, when comparing the old flatware with the new set, which was made in Viet Nam, it is obvious the patterns are not exactly the same. The "Easy Care Tips" that came in the box said to avoid detergents containing lemon, avoid prolonged contact with acidic foods, wash the flatware separately from aluminum, sterling or silverplate, never let your flatware soak, even in plain water, do not store in plastic, wash and dry immediately after use, etc. All and all, it seems to be every bit as demanding as sterling silver, if not more so. Every time I use this flatware, I will have to jump up from dinner to wash and dry it to avoid pitting, corroding, or discoloration. I would rather be able to spend a little time socializing with my company, and wash dishes after they leave. I purchased Oneida because I still have a set that my mother gave us around 30 years ago, and you don't have to baby it like this.

I registered for Oneida Dover 7 years ago when I became engaged. I bought it because it looked similar to the pattern my mother had.

When I got my first place setting in person, I was a tiny bit disappointed that it wasn't exactly the same as the ones my mother had. I put it back in the box, planning to think over whether to exchange them for a different pattern. They ended up sitting in a cabinet... for 7 years.

Just a few weeks ago, I pulled them out again... and was absolutely delighted with them. They are the perfect weight and feel in your hands. They are delicate and beautiful, but not *too* frilly/girly/ornate (or my husband might protest!). Just pulling a spoon or fork out of the drawer is a thrill... they are little works of art. They really are the perfect flatware that will become a family heirloom... how many family heirlooms do you have the joy of using several times a day? I've now purchased more place settings to complete the set. My only regret is that these sat unused and hidden away for 7 years... I could have been enjoying these every day all that time!

Buy Oneida Satin Dover 20-Piece Stainless Flatware Set , Service for 4 Now

The reason I bought Oneida was the quality. I bought the set for my daughter.

She loves them and the quality is excellent.

Read Best Reviews of Oneida Satin Dover 20-Piece Stainless Flatware Set , Service for 4 Here

I was trying to match my kids silverware pattern and spent sometime

looking for just the right match since we didn't know the name.

We were pleasantly surprised when it was an exact match!

The enlarged picture helped considerably in picking the right pattern.

Want Oneida Satin Dover 20-Piece Stainless Flatware Set , Service for 4 Discount?

I registered for this flatwear when I got married 24 years ago and have been using it ever since. It still looks as nice as it did when I got married. I use it on special occasions, holidays and such, and when we have company. I wash it in the dishwasher and it comes out looking great. Over the years, I have added many pieces and purchased several extra place settings. They all match and look wonderful. I would highly recommend this for many years.

Save 58% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment