Model 1720 CUTCO Paring Knives with 2.9" Straight Edge blades and 4.9" Classic Dark Brown 'Diamond'

Model 1720 CUTCO Paring Knives with 2.9' Straight Edge blades and 4.9' Classic Dark Brown 'Diamond' handles.I own the 2-3/4" knife and it's easy to use and very sharp. It does get dull over time and it's not a must have knife. It's very useful though to cut the skin of the fruit and that's what I mainly use it for. I'm not trying to get all fancy and carve roses out of veggies or anything unless a special occasion.

One thing is that since it's a straight blade, it's easy to resharpen and I just use the accusharp sharpener (just for your info) and use no pressure to resharpen and good as new.

I have another knife and even when it's resharpened, this knife still cuts better and the blade is a better quality made than others. This isn't the only sharpest knife as I'm sure there are others and maybe cheaper. I'm not worried as I resharpen it when I notice it starts to get dull. Simple as that and a lifetime guarantee (or forever guarantee) is good to know that if I accidently break this, I could get another for free (except the shipping cost).

I invested in a set of Cutco knives when I was 22 yrs. old before ever getting married. I received a complete set of china along with it. Over the years I noticed that my paring knife dissappeared. I found it six years later at my father's house. He liked to peel his apples before eating them with a good sharp knife. He was a good judge of knives and I guess he liked mine. Somehow it dissappeared again, but this time I was not going to wait to find it. Good knives have a habit of growing legs and walking off, so I replaced it. Be careful these knives are sharp.

Buy Model 1720 CUTCO Paring Knives with 2.9" Straight Edge blades and 4.9" Classic Dark Brown 'Diamond' Now

Cutco knives are exceptionally dull from the factory. One of the selling points they talk about is free sharpening for life but that is comical given the quality of the service. They often look they have been sharpened on a block of concrete. Sharpening them with grits as coarse as 80 on a belt sander yields a significantly finer finish. Despite the poor factory sharpening, they do hold a decent edge once sharpened by anyone that cares slightly about the outcome. This is true on all but the cheapest chinese knives though. Given that, I'd suggest you either spend less for a better knife like a Global which will come wicked sharp from the factory and remain so if taken care of, or buy a modestly priced knife and have it professionally sharpened.

Read Best Reviews of Model 1720 CUTCO Paring Knives with 2.9" Straight Edge blades and 4.9" Classic Dark Brown 'Diamond' Here

My knife was duller after paring about 75 tomatoes. The only thing hard about that steal is paying for it.

Want Model 1720 CUTCO Paring Knives with 2.9" Straight Edge blades and 4.9" Classic Dark Brown 'Diamond' Discount?

0 comments:

Post a Comment