Calphalon Katana Cutlery 8-Inch VG Chef's Knife

Calphalon Katana Cutlery 8-Inch VG Chef's KnifeMy name is Dave, i have been a professional Chef for the past fifteen years, in that time i have used about any high end knives you can think of. This Katana series really does keep pace with the best of them. I spend six to ten hours a day cooking or prepping food in a high end restaurant so this knife has seen some serious use (far more use in a few weeks than a home cook could put in if given a year), and hasn't let me down yet. I've been primarily using these knives at work, (they don't offer a ten inch chef, so i have to use my Miyabi 7000d 10" chef for some of the bigger jobs) and haven't had to do any real work on the edge of the knife except to use the ceramic hone before each use, just one swipe down each side of the blade at a twenty five degree angle. I hope this review is helpful for you and I'm sure you will find this knife to be worth every penny!

Holds a nice edge and easily sharpened. I also own another knife in this line and will be adding more to complete the line. the finish on the knife is beautiful and the way the handle tapers really feels natural in your hand.

Buy Calphalon Katana Cutlery 8-Inch VG Chef's Knife Now

This is no doubt THE best knife I have ever used. I bought this as a gift so didn't get to use it too much, but the build & weight balance is superb. It very effortlessly cuts through whatever you use it for. If this is the price range you are looking for, look no further.

Read Best Reviews of Calphalon Katana Cutlery 8-Inch VG Chef's Knife Here

This knife has been used enthusiastically in my hands for about four years now. I also bought the 3 1/2" parer, but wound up only really using the 8" chef as I can easily use it for all my chefly duties. The steel sharpens easily and holds an edge well. After much heavy usage the edge only has some very minute nicks. I have always washed and dried it by hand. A couple of times it was left dirty for a long while that caused a bit of pitting, typical of any steel and easily cleaned using lemon juice.

I have large hands (to match the rest of me, I'm 6'2") and this is the most comfortable grip I have encountered on any knife. Recommended!

Want Calphalon Katana Cutlery 8-Inch VG Chef's Knife Discount?

I am a restaurant owner and chef in Sydney , I bought one of these knives on holiday in Canada to cook a dinner, and loved it so much I buy one for all my new chefs when they start work in my restaurant , great product http://www.thebridgeroom.com.au/

Save 5% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment