Wenger Grand Maitre 4-Piece Cook's Set with Swiss Army Knife

Wenger Grand Maitre 4-Piece Cook's Set with Swiss Army KnifeI am very pleased with this knife set. They are scary sharp, comfortable and safe to grip, and hold an edge.

They are also a very good deal. They are nearly identical to the top rated R.H. Forschner/Victorinox knives, but the Wengers are much harder to find in the U.S. and only sell in sets.

In Europe, these same knives, with bright yellow handles are the top sellers to professional chefs under Wenger's SWIBO brand.

The 3 piece Wenger Grand Maitre and 3 Piece Forschner/Fibrox sets sell for $55-$60 on Amazon, so this 4 piece set with Swiss Army throw in is a deal.

On the down side while they are tough, they are very light weight/not full tang/stamped not forged. These attributes will effect aesthetics, not use, safety, or reliability. They are not nearly as pretty as my Wusthof knives, and the free SA knife is a small but handy pocket type. The box they come in is not fancy.

Note that the bread and utility knife are both serrated, the paring and chef are smooth blades.

At well under $8 per knife, a full five stars.

Got the set when they were on sale. I was amazed by the quality and sharpness of the knives when they arrived. As a matter of fact, the bandage on my finger testifies it.

Other than the bread knife, I have used the other three. The paring knife was good for peeling apples, a bit too sharp though. The utility knife was good for cutting oranges, although I would like it to be harder and thicker. The chef's knife was perfect for cutting vegetables and meat, and was super sharp, sharper than any knife I have used, so be careful when handling it.

Overall, super value for the price.

One more thing to add:

Be careful with the knife, I am looking at two new cuts on my finger when I am typing. They are much bigger/deeper than if I used my other, dull, knife. I will keep using the knife, but only when necessary.

Buy Wenger Grand Maitre 4-Piece Cook's Set with Swiss Army Knife Now

Good starter set for newlyweds etc, light but looks very cheaply made with no tangs. Plastic handles. Really, if I could do over..I'd not buy this set but get something better. I don't need the serated blades much either, and straight heavier blades would be a lot nicer. Adios ....

Read Best Reviews of Wenger Grand Maitre 4-Piece Cook's Set with Swiss Army Knife Here

These knives arrived as described. I have this set and a set of the Wenger steak knives. They are awesome. I cook all of the time, we frequently have steak and these have stayed sharp throughout daily use. If you are looking for knives, stop looking and buy these. They are a great value.

Want Wenger Grand Maitre 4-Piece Cook's Set with Swiss Army Knife Discount?

These were a Christmas present for a very close friend. She can't believe just how sharp they are (including when she sliced herself, and didn't even feel it).

It's only been 3 weeks, but they have been used every day, and we are very pleased with the quality of these knives.

0 comments:

Post a Comment