Oneida Michelangelo 20-Piece Stainless Flatware Set, Service for 4

Oneida Michelangelo 20-Piece Stainless Flatware Set, Service for 4I have a two sets of 12 along with all the extra serving pieces and I absolutely love love love this flatware. I use it everyday and as a matter of fact I have one of the sets in my motorhome. I love how beautiful it is and how even after 30+ years of using it daily, putting in the dishwasher, etc., it still looks as good as the day I brought it home. How do I know that, 'because we accidentally threw out some of the salad forks with the trash and the replacements for those just arrived last week and of course I put them along side my old pieces to check out how they looked. I could not tell them apart. I love how this pattern make me feel a little extra "special" each and every time I use them. I love the ornate look. I highly recommend this design.

I purchased this set for a service of 8. It is real 18/10 and the set looks great. It's stainless like any other stainless from flatware to pots and pans--18/10. Nothing more nothing less. Don't really know what the other reviewer is talking about. Their comment about the box it came it, well maybe they should check the sources where they buy their items from. Oneida is long established and so is this pattern. I'm sure mine will last a very long time. Very nice pattern.

Buy Oneida Michelangelo 20-Piece Stainless Flatware Set, Service for 4 Now

I've owned this pattern for 30 years.

I purchased a few extra pieces 10 years ago and then again last week. Here's what I found.

Original knife 65.5 grams. 10 years ago knife 64.7 grams. That's probably within manufacturing tolerances. The pattern in both had similar levels of detail. New knife 75.8 grams. That's a 16% increase in weight. In addition the pattern wasn't as detailed. It was close but less precise.

The weight difference means a change in alloy. What that change is I don't know. The loss of minor details could be due to stamping molds being old, etc. Or it could be from the change in alloy if the change increased the hardness. I also noticed the serrated edge on the top of the knife were more pronounced.

None of the differences were large enough to make the 30 year old, 10 year old and new pieces non-compatible.

Read Best Reviews of Oneida Michelangelo 20-Piece Stainless Flatware Set, Service for 4 Here

I just got this set after searching for flatware made in the USA. This popped up, but it is not made here. The set is somewhat lopsided as well. Just thought you'd like to know just in case you made the same search and didn't read the description in detail like me. This doesn't seem to be as nice as the price would indicate. My Old set was cheaper and more detailed and symmetrical. This looks more like a $50 product.

Edit: Now I'm disgusted even more with this--cost me $10 for all the shipping. Insult to injury.

Want Oneida Michelangelo 20-Piece Stainless Flatware Set, Service for 4 Discount?

This spring I decided to replace the stainless flatware set that I had used daily for twenty-five years. I'm a careful buyer who likes quality and elegance at a good price, so did a thorough search before selecting the set. After reviewing the three grades of stainless steel (18/10, 18/8, and 18/0), 18/10 clearly stood out as the most desirable grade at a relatively modest premium in price. I chose the 18/10 Oneida Michelangelo as soon as I saw the picture. It is a beautiful set that has the look of an ornate silverplate or sterling pattern. I bought a service for twelve with eight pieces per place setting [salad fork, dinner fork, dinner knife, two teaspoons, place (soup) spoon, iced tea spoon, and steak knife] and twelve serving pieces (including a carving set). The set is delightful to use, and feels comfortable in the hand. Girl friends literally gasp when they open the kitchen drawer to see this very impressive flatware array. I rate it at four stars instead of five for two reasons: the dinner fork and soup spoon are a little shorter than I am used to using (no doubt a manufacturing cost concession), and the serrated steak knives are not as sharp as Henckels steak knives. These are minor shortcomings in my view, given the positives. Buy the set and don't look back. You'll be happy you did.

Save 58% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment