Vidalia Slice-It Compact Slicer with 3 Blades & Storage Cover

Vidalia Slice-It Compact Slicer with 3 Blades & Storage CoverI got one of these at a thrift store more or less "on speculation" to see if it would work better than my plastic mandoline. Yes, it does. I just sliced up some vegetables for my stew and it went right through them: a couple of onions, some carrots, and a stalk of celery. I'm delighted with it. When this one breaks (thrift store, y'know) I'll be ordering a new one. And my mandoline is going out for the yard sale.

If you're running a commercial kitchen, this isn't your tool. But if you want to slice up some onions for the frying pan, or assorted veggies for the crock pot, it's more convenient than a knife and better than any alternative I've tried. Having the sliced-up vegetables land right in a measured container isn't to be sneezed at, either; it's easier than scraping up handfuls of veggies from the cutting board and dumping them into measuring cups.

It's not going to replace a good knife (and if you're buying kitchen knives, buy GOOD ones or eat out!), but it's a very fast, very convenient way to prep large quantities of vegetables at once. Definitely worth the money.

I love the Vidalia Chopping Wizard, so I bought this, but I'm very disappointed. It's hard to line up the pressing mechanism with the blades, and when you pull up on the pressing mechanism, it brings the blades and other things with it i.e. the whole mechanism falls apart, and you have to carefully put it back where it belongs without slicing your finger.

Buy Vidalia Slice-It Compact Slicer with 3 Blades & Storage Cover Now

I had a blade break while cutting an onion, also. It was nice while it worked. Am now trying to track down the warranty.

Read Best Reviews of Vidalia Slice-It Compact Slicer with 3 Blades & Storage Cover Here

I have had the Vidalia Onion Slicer (sister to this) for 8 years,, LOVE IT, so i thought i would like this, so i bought 2.. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO I HATEEEEEEEEE THIS . so i am going to throw in garbage.. is wont cut butter.. DO NOT BUY THIS

Want Vidalia Slice-It Compact Slicer with 3 Blades & Storage Cover Discount?

The welding on the blades broke when I tried to cut an onion. And it seems that the only food you can cut is soft once like bananas.

Save 60% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment