Paderno World Cuisine Chestnut Knife, 6 1/4"

Paderno World Cuisine Chestnut Knife, 6 1/4'When I first received it, I tried it out on a chestnut only to find out that the knife wasn't even scratching the skin of the chestnut because of how dull it was. It was worse than a butter knife and I could press my finger against it as hard as I could without cutting myself. The handle is cheap plastic but I didn't buy it because I wanted something fancy, just something that could make scoring chestnuts a bit easier.

Luckily, I had a decent knife sharpener and after many, many passes through that, this thing was actually able to begin scratching the chestnut. A few more passes and it was ready for use. The angle for the tip makes it easy to first puncture the skin, and then drag it across the nut to score it. Great design, horrible quality, and horrible sharpness but I gave it 3 stars because after some extensive sharpening, I can't imagine going back to using a paring knife for scoring chestnuts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment