Ginsu Sofuto Series Wasabi Style 10-Piece Japanese 420J2 Stainless Steel Cutlery Set in Natural Har

Ginsu Sofuto Series Wasabi Style 10-Piece Japanese 420J2 Stainless Steel Cutlery Set in Natural Hardwood Storage Block 5826These knives are very sharp. Have not seen any rust. Hopefully they will last. I hand wash only. Good buy.

I am no master chef but my co-worker was a professional chef for 10 years. Quite a lot of them were as head chef. Here are a few of his simple statements of truth while guiding me to knife education.

1. Professional chefs in kitchens don't get fancy expensive knives. If the knives gets stolen, the restaurant is out a lot of money. This doesn't mean they're bad knives, but it does mean you don't need to spend a lot of money.

2. I don't trust any knife which says it doesn't need sharpening.

3. You want full tang.

Now, here is my take on these as a beginner, these aren't full tang but are sturdy. When they fall apart I can get to the bottom of it but for now, they're doing a great job for the price. I got mine at woot for far less. I test full tang by performing a conductivity test from the knife tip to the hilt. It failed there. A test from the tip of the blade to the back end of the blade where it meets the hilt succeeded. Now the set is great, I would've liked kitchen shears. The main reason this is getting four stars and not five is because the Santoku length is small. Everything else I can deal with.

The best information I can give is I have a $10 Mainstays (i.e. Walmart) 7" Santoku knife. It's full tang, loses it's edge fast but when I need it, it works and is a knife size.

Buy Ginsu Sofuto Series Wasabi Style 10-Piece Japanese 420J2 Stainless Steel Cutlery Set in Natural Har Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment