Wusthof 8518Grand Prix II 8-Piece Knife Set with Block

Wusthof 8518Grand Prix II 8-Piece Knife Set with BlockI am not the prince of France nor a professional cook, as the earlier reviewer claims to be. I am an IT professional who likes to cook for my husband and friends and family on the weekends. Since I'm not a member of the French royal family (is there such a thing anymore?) and a mere humble, midwestern lass of various Euro-American decents (a "mutt"), I must carefully stock my kitchen with the best items I can afford. In short, I HATE buying things twice. That's why I buy Wusthof knives. I already owned a Classic 8" cooks knife, a paring knife, and 6 steak knives from Wusthof. I bought the Classic knifes like 15 years ago, when I was much younger and didn't care for my knives as well as I do now. Fortunately, I bought quality back then, and with a little honing and some sharpening, my older knives are working like new again. Every tool in my kitchen should be this durable and forgiving.

This Grand Prix 2 is a nice addition to what I already had. These are a comfortable weight and well-balanced. The Grand Prix 2 knives are a wee-bit lighter in weight than the Classic knives, but that's ok with me. My husband prefers the weight of the Classic series and I prefer the weight of the Grand Prix 2 knives. Life is good.

There are a couple of knives that aren't included in this collection that I still plan to buy. Fortunately, my block has a couple of slots left open. I really want a Santoku knife. This would make my collection complete.

FYI... as of this writing the amazon.com price is $. I actually bought this set from another website (a MAJOR U.S. retailer) and paid $. Either price is a great deal (but I really liked saving the bucks... sorry amazon).

Excellent knives. I would recommend this set with block. Such a great price. I will definitely be buying more of this brand.

Buy Wusthof 8518Grand Prix II 8-Piece Knife Set with Block Now

We are very pleased with these knives. The sharpness, feel and balance is far superior to less expensive cutlery. The video on care and use was a nice plus.

Read Best Reviews of Wusthof 8518Grand Prix II 8-Piece Knife Set with Block Here

We did not register for knives for our wedding as they were just too expensive. These were a wonderful gift from my parents for our 3 year anniversary.

The difference between the grocery store knives we used for 3 years & the Grand Prix II knives is incomparable. These knives are beautiful! A quick sharpening of these knives keeps them as good as new! We take good care of our knives, only washing with warm water & soap. NEVER EVER in the dishwasher!

You can feel the quality in these knives when you hold them. They are perfectly designed to fit in my "circus carny" hands & my husband's collegiate shot-put thrower hands. They are heavy enough to cut through the thickest cut meats & root vegetables. It eases through tomatoes & bread. We have also succeeded beautifully in thin slices of meat.

We have loved that this knife block has additional openings. We bought a set of 4 steak knives & a tomato knife. We received a large chef's knife that unfortunately does not fit into the block.

This is not the most expensive knife block you can buy for your kitchen. But why do we need knife blocks that cost as much as our mortgage payment? A family's kitchen will shine with these knives. They are exquisite knives that don't require a loan.

Want Wusthof 8518Grand Prix II 8-Piece Knife Set with Block Discount?

These are by far the nicest knives we have ever used. Very sharp and after a couple of months of use they still seem to be as sharp as the day we got them. There is definitely a huge difference between these and the typical consumer grade knives you find in most retail stores as the blades are thicker, the balance is much better and they have a true quality feel. This is our first upscale knife set so we cannot compare to others in this class but we are very pleased.

Save 49% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment