Norpro KLEVE 8 Inch Chef's Knife

Norpro KLEVE 8 Inch Chef's KnifeA little lighter than expected but still a good knife for the money. Kepps a good edge and feels good in the hand when cutting. Good mate for my Norpro cleaver

Nothing to complain about. It's as expected, does what it's supposed to do. I have nothing more to say about it.

Buy Norpro KLEVE 8 Inch Chef's Knife Now

I generally love Norpro products. I use this knife when I need to cut something big, wide, or long.

The price point is good, and quality is wonderful for what I paid for.

Read Best Reviews of Norpro KLEVE 8 Inch Chef's Knife Here

Its a perfect knife... sharp blade and a comfortable handle for a firm grip. couldnt ask for more. Love it.

Want Norpro KLEVE 8 Inch Chef's Knife Discount?

Overall I am happy with the heft and feel of this knife and I much prefer it to Kleve 7" Santoku. This knife "rocks" easily (like you're supposed to when you chop), whereas the santoku, at least the Kleve version, doesn't rock as well.

It's pretty heavy and thick and while it's sharp, it's not as sharp as some others knives I've tried. I can't really afford a good knife, but just for kicks I went and tried a Shun damascus steel chef knife and also an expensive german knife. They were thinner, but cut easier.

Anyway, I know that this knife's steel is nothing special and can't be expected to perform as well as VG-10 core with damascus cladding, but I think I'd go back and save my money for a Slitbar knife from IKEA (they have a $50 Damascus steel 8" chef model). For $12 I'd be happier and would give 4 stars (everything is relative to price).

One thing I don't like: the full bolster it will eventually get in the way of sharpening and serves no purpose. A bolster is nice, but the Santoku version has a partial bolster that would be the way to do it.

I have most of the Kleve knives and overall for the prices I paid I like them, they are well balanced and feel and look nice. Fairly sharp and hold edge ok.

Save 6% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment