Messermeister 5-Pocket Padded Knife Roll, Olive

Messermeister 5-Pocket Padded Knife Roll, OliveI'm a line cook who works in French restaurants where everything is made from scratch. I use a lot of hand kitchen tools. At my previous job, I needed a well-stocked knife roll. But at my new job, most everything I need is in the kitchen so I didn't like bringing my massive 10 pocket knife bag to work when I only need my 10" Chef's knife, 8" Santoku, Boning knife, paring knife, a couple of my favorite spoons and a ceramic honing rod. All fit with room to spare in the new, smaller knife roll. It's lightweight and opens like a book, so it's quick to open and grab what I need and doesn't require much room at all. Most of the time, I don't even lay it on a table to open it. I keep it wedged between the wall and a speed rack near my station. I do use plastic and magnetic sheaths on my knives while in the roll. It slips easily into my small messenger bag when I ride my bike to work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment