Chef's Choice 120 Diamond Hone 3-Stage Professional Knife Sharpener, Black

Chef's Choice 120 Diamond Hone 3-Stage Professional Knife Sharpener, BlackI have always wanted to own an electric knife sharpener, and after literally months of research selected the Chef's Choice 120. I have expensive knives (mostly Wusthof)and have always sharpened by hand using Arkansas stone and sharpening steel in between. As we used to butcher all of our meat, we know what a truly sharp knife is, and that a truly sharp knife is a safe knife.

I thoroughly read the instructions before operating the Chef's Choice 120...and was like a kid really looking forward to good results and relative ease. Rather than practice with a high end knive, my first "practice" knife was a Sabatier Chef's knife.

After going through the entire three step process, I noted that the knife sides were becoming slightly scratched. Others had commented on this scratching in their reviews, but I had naively discounted their comments assuming incorrect sharpener usage. As I continued, the scratching became worse. I can virtually guarantee my technique was as per the instructions. My wife finally put the halt to the process, as she was in near tears with the scratches. The sharpener did sharpen OK, but not any better than a novice could do using a good stone.

Later, without my wife observing over my shoulder, I tried sharpening a real cheap knife. Same results: plenty of scratches and a somewhat mediocre edge. I packaged the entire unit, and returned it Amazon with a note of explanation. Amazon refunded my total purchase price AND return shipping. Ya gotta love Amazon!!!

I think this knife sharpener is great. I went with this model with the three-stage sharpening process to help out those knives in really rough shape. It was very easy to figure out, and while Chef's Choice recommended not using the stage three sharpener, I had to for some of my knives. I am used to taking my good Henkels over to the local butcher to have him sharpen them (for a fee of course..). He did a great job, but this gets the knives just as sharp and will pay for themselves. It even worked on my little pocket knife it just works!

Buy Chef's Choice 120 Diamond Hone 3-Stage Professional Knife Sharpener, Black Now

I purchased this sharpener because I was tired of spending $10-25 to have our knives (brutally) sharpened at the hardware store. I think they caused more damage than good. We use Wusthof knives and although there is a lifetime replacement warranty, I would prefer to not have to use this warranty. Regardless, the sharpener performed amazingly. The edges are crisp and scarily sharp. There have already been a few times when I have underestimated the sharpness and almost caused personal harm to myself, but as long as you do it right, there should be no problems.

The sharpener is extremely easy to use and took about 3 minutes to read the directions and figure out which slots to pass the blades through for the desired effect.

I would highly recommend this to anyone who wants to have a great, clean, and polished finish without investing in sharpening services ever again.

Read Best Reviews of Chef's Choice 120 Diamond Hone 3-Stage Professional Knife Sharpener, Black Here

I've sharpened everything. I'm not sure what one reviewer was doing wrong that they couldn't sharpen very dull knives. I took out my Grandfather's hunting knife that has been in the shed for 50 years and used as a tool for everything. It had the edge of a butter knife. It only took me a few minutes to get it sharp enough the shave with. I've had this sharpener for two years and I'm back to buy another for my mother-in-law. And I like my mother-in-law! I've sharpened many of my friends knives too. I couldn't be happier.

Want Chef's Choice 120 Diamond Hone 3-Stage Professional Knife Sharpener, Black Discount?

I was a little nervous about spending this much on a sharpener. Now that I have had it a few days I wish I had bought it sooner. If you understand the basics of sharpening this tool is VERY easy to use. If not, it might take a little practice to get the hang of it.

The instruction are pretty good and clear.

I have sharpened everything from good quality kitchen knives to tag sale pocket knives. When this machine is done with them you could shave with em. Amazing.

I can see one pitfall for people who don't understand sharpening (or who have weak eyesight). If you have a blade with a deeper grind angle than this machine uses you first have to re-shape the edge (on the coarse wheel). If you don't, you are simply adding a second bevel behind the old one and leaving the cutting edge alone. This may be why some people have problems. On one cheap knife I had I first had to really grind on the first stage wheel to pull an entire new bevel. Once I did it was no problem.

Save 23% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment