BergHOFF 8-Piece Forged Knife Block Set, Black

BergHOFF 8-Piece Forged Knife Block Set, BlackI bought these as a "Deal of the Day" for $99. The MSRP listed was (and is) 425, the ratings weren't bad and I figured $99 for 7 knives is not a bad deal in any event. And it isn't. They are fine. But they are NOT quality knives.

If you are expecting a heavy, durable knife.. this really isn't it. The weight is light (but they have a decent balance). The blades themselves tarnish easily. I have slight rust spots on the 2 knives I used and I had to buff them out.

All in all.. you can't really go wrong for $99.. but DO NOT pay full price or anything close to it. They are no better than a Chicago Cutlery Brand that you can pick up in Walmart or Kmart.

If you want quality knives, save your pennies and get a professional grade like Shun or Wusthof.

I got these as a lightning deal, so I can't claim to have paid nearly what they are supposedly valued at. I DO like them very much; they're super-sharp and actually cut right through raw meats without any tearing or pulling, which I've come to expect (I make dried chicken treats for my animals and had just gotten in the habit of freezing the chicken breasts, then cutting them when they were about half-way thawed no-longer a necessity with these blades). The wood block for them is a classy design, too. For all of those aspects, I'd give them a fairly high rating. Others complained about the weight they are lightweight, but I don't see that as a mark of poor quality or anything worth a negative rating. That actually is a nice benefit. If you aren't using them for throwing, these will be a great blade for you.

The point that made me take a star away is rust. After 2 washes, I noticed a rust spot on one of the knives. It isn't anything major and I haven't found it on all of them, but the fact that there's even a little rust after so few uses does concern me. To me, that should not be happening. Was it a defect with a single blade? Maybe I don't seem to be having a problem with the rest of them yet. However, it does give me pause. Would I recommend buying these at suggested retail value? Not a chance. If you can get them for a good price though, I don't think you'll be disappointed, provided that you take care to thoroughly dry them and aren't looking for a heavy-duty samurai sword as part of your kitchen cutlery.

Buy BergHOFF 8-Piece Forged Knife Block Set, Black Now

I was able to get these on a lightning deal for under $100.00. They are very sharp, but as others have stated they are smaller and light weight. So far after using a few times, I have had no problem with them and I am impressed. I would recommend to a friend if the price was right, but not for over $200.00. If they were a little heavier, they would get 5 stars, but they are a nice quality set for the price.

Read Best Reviews of BergHOFF 8-Piece Forged Knife Block Set, Black Here

While not something I like for myself, these seem like a nice set with knives that are a bit smaller than other knives I've used. For example, the 8" Chef's knife held next to a comparable Henkel or Saber Chef's knife comes up 5/8ths of an inch shorter in length. The 7" Santoku Japanese chef's knife comes up about 1/2" shorter. These are petite, light and easy on a smaller hand. No substantial handle guard (at the butt end) rather more of a slendering at the butt, which for my hands made me feel less secure with my grip. But for a smaller hand this may be welcome less weight, heft and possibly any resulting fatigue while using them.

Two other measurements that are off from the description in the BergHOFF Forged 8-Piece Knife Block Set are the "9-Inch bread and utility knife, this serrated knife..." comes in at about 7.75" from heel to point. And the "3-1/2-Inch pairing(sic) knife" measures about 3 and 1/16th. (very cute by the way, and seems a nice size for doing veggies one at a time in your hands).

Want BergHOFF 8-Piece Forged Knife Block Set, Black Discount?

My wife could not belive the quality of these knifes. She was very impressed with the shapness and shape. Woud buy BergHOFF again

Save 76% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment