Zhen Japanese VG-10 Steel Gyutou Chef Knife 9.5"

Zhen Japanese VG-10 Steel Gyutou Chef Knife 9.5'This is my first product review ever, so that makes it very meaningful or meaningless, depending upon your point of view.

I love cooking, but have been haunted by the fun-sucking cloud that seems to hover over a kitchen when you have to use a crap knife. Most people don't seem to respect the virtues of the ownership and use of a decent knife. That's why, my friends, I've bought this particular knife; to treat her well and keep her hidden from careless hands.

This knife has impressed me with it's fit and finish, I was expecting much less for 60 bones. The vg-10 blade is ground nicely and evenly on both sides, and I

appreciate the sandblasted satin finish... no annoying reflections from bright lights in your eyes like you get with mirror-polished blades. Surely they didn't polish the full blade because of the extra labor required, but I personally like it. Makes the knife feel softer to the hand and eye, a little less intrusive I guess.

The micarta handle is also nicer than I expected, and feels nice in my hand. It is well finished and pretty flush with the bolster and pins. I feel the slightest ridge between the micarta and steel when running my fingers across the handle, but there is no gap whatsoever between the materials.

I can't wait to really bevel and polish the edge of the blade on a water stone, I feel like it will then transform from a mere razor into a light saber.

Thank you, Zhen, for creating a quality knife that I can afford and use daily, and actually enjoy, without having to feel guilty about spending way too much money on a name.... Besides, Zhen is quite a pleasant name, even if it does cost half as much as other names!

An excellent knife. Top quality materials and workmanship. Good balance, and very nice use. I highly recommend to anyone who likes to cook.

Buy Zhen Japanese VG-10 Steel Gyutou Chef Knife 9.5" Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment