Shun TDM0707 Premier Chef's Knife, 10-Inch

Shun TDM0707 Premier Chef's Knife, 10-InchThis knife is great. balanced, sharp, well made, light . it has it all. I have cooked and cut for 26 years professionally and have been through a ton of knives. this ranks as one of my favorites. will repost in 6 months to see how it holds up. so far I love it.

I bought this knife with a 7" Santoku and a 9" slicing knife, both from the Shun Primer line.

I came from some cheaper Mercer Genesis, which are a bit more heavy and thicker German knife. The Shun is a drastically different knife.

For starters, the blade is very thin compared to a German knife. The bolster has a very nice curve to it that allows you to easily put a proper pinch style grip on the knife.

The handle is a symmetrical oval like shape, unlike the Shun Classic's D shaped handle. So it will feel the same whether your right or left handed.

The balance of the knife is perfect, and it is light in your hand. A perfect precession tool. You may end up swinging it around pretending to be a ninja, just saying.

That being said, the manufacturer states that you shouldn't use it on bone. So you'll probably want to keep a cheap, heavy, German chefs knife (or similar) around for those jobs.

Overall it has become my go to knife for most jobs and I would recommend it to anyone.

Buy Shun TDM0707 Premier Chef's Knife, 10-Inch Now

extremely sharp and very lightweight. feels great in your hand. looks beautiful. received many compliments at work for this knife. would highly recommend to anyone who works in kitchen

Read Best Reviews of Shun TDM0707 Premier Chef's Knife, 10-Inch Here

I've been cooking for my family as a serious weekend chef for 35 years now. I have also spent decades butchering and processing venison, wild boar, antelope, and elk. So I think I know a little bit about knives and how to use them. I've been through many, many knives. Cheap ones, expensive ones, and everything in between. I always tended to lean toward the classic French designs and the somewhat updated style of the Zwilling J.A. Henkels Twin Four Star. Most recently I've been using a Sabatier Mexuer et Cie Carbon Steel 10-inch Chef's knife. I really like this knife as I used to own some carbon steel Sabatiers many years ago that somehow got lost in a move to a new residence. Recently, I decided to finally purchase a good quality Japanese knife and after some research online and visiting a few stores I decided to go with the Shun Premier line. I've had the 10-inch Chef's knife for about a month now alternating usage between it and the Sabatier. While the Sabatier is a wonderful cutting tool in its own right the Shun Premier is just at a totally unbelievably higher level. I almost feel like chanting "I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy" every time I use it. The knife is beautifully balanced and feels just so right in the hand. As so many others have already stated the fit and finish is astonishing. I have never owned anything like this designed for the kitchen. I own several custom hunting/camping knives and the Shun is as well made as these one-of-a-kind knives. The Damascus steel is beautiful and the hand hammered finish above the edge gives the knife a jewel like appearance. Not only is it aesthetically appealing it has a functional purpose. With the hammered dimples food does not stick to the blade. Try slicing a raw potato and you'll see what I mean. I particularly like the design as the bolster works perfectly to get a secure pinch hold on the knife so necessary for proper technique. The handle is made of pakawood and is in perfect keeping with the overall design. The balance and weight of this knife is just about perfect for me. I have rather large hands and I do not think the handle is too small. I have no problem controlling this tool. Finally, the cutting edge is absolutely razor sharp right out of the box. Although I have used it a few times already I have not had to even brush up the edge with the honing steel. By contrast the Sabatier arrived with a very dull edge. I had to put an edge on it using my oil stones. In defense of the Sabatier once I did put a proper edge it is performing as well as the Shun. There is nothing like carbon steel in this regard, well except maybe, Damascus steel. I am so impressed with the Shun Premier line that I have ordered several more to have a complete set.

Want Shun TDM0707 Premier Chef's Knife, 10-Inch Discount?

it is great Knife ever looks very good!!! I gave famous chef for present it.he really like it.

shun TDM0707 Chefs Knife

Save 20% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment