Fortessa Apollo 18/10 Stainless Steel Flatware Set, Service for 1, 5-Piece

Fortessa Apollo 18/10 Stainless Steel Flatware Set, Service for 1, 5-PieceThis is a beautiful set of 18/10 stainless steel flatware. Being 18/10 was a big part of my decision in determining which set to purchase, as I did not want to waste money on something that would rust. These are also very solid/durable pieces. I found a great deal for a set of 8 at another online retailer.

The teaspoon in this set is 5 1/4" long, the table spoon is 7 1/4", the knife is 9 1/4", the dinner fork is 8", and the salad fork is 7 1/8" long. The salad forks are the size of my previous set of dinner forks, and they are great as salad or lunch forks. The dinner forks are substantial European sized forks. The teaspoons are very small; perhaps the smallest teaspoons in a set I've ever seen. The teaspoons are still useful as coffee/espresso spoons and dessert spoons, but I don't like them for eating cereal. So some of my flatware pairing habits are changing to meet the attributes of this new set.

The hammered appearance is lovely, and I like the mirror finish. I did notice a couple of spots that did not get polished on the back side where the fork handle meets the base. The knives have shallower indentations for the hammered appearance. It isn't noticeable from afar, but you can tell that the hammer marks are not as deep.

Overall, this is a beautiful set of flatware at a reasonable price. The quality is very good. I could have spent a fortune on some hammered Vera Wang by Wedgewood, but I'd be afraid to use it. I am looking for some coordinating serving pieces. Since Foressa does not make coordinating pieces, I may try Ginkgo.

The teaspoon is more like a demitasse size, the salad fork is a reg fork size, the reg fork is very large, the knife is larger than normal....I am returning this item....I would like to add that the quality is very nice and a very nice weight but the sizes are a problem....it would be impossible to use the "teaspoon" for soup or cereral or oatmeal or fruit ....just way toooooo small and the tablespoon way too big.

Buy Fortessa Apollo 18/10 Stainless Steel Flatware Set, Service for 1, 5-Piece Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment