Yamazaki Median 45-Piece Stainless-Steel Flatware Set, Service for 8

Yamazaki Median 45-Piece Stainless-Steel Flatware Set, Service for 8I choose this flatware -simply because they are heavy duty.

STRENGTH:

**Sometimes flatware bends when you scoop ice cream NOT these spoons, so far they are hefty enough to handle firm scooping. Median flatware set made from 18/8 stainless steel.

More info about strength and weight at the bottom.

WHERE THEY ARE MANUFACTURED:

I researched and looked at several designs and manufacturers I did NOT want flatware that was Made in China.

I always look for Made in USA items. Finding made in USA items is getting harder to find (like US jobs) I realized that due to the limited products being manufactured in the States, I had to buy an imported item, so I selected these -the Yamazaki are made in Japan. Located in the heart of Japan's steel-producing area, Yamazaki has produced fine products for discerning consumers for over 80 years.

DESIGN:

The Median is a very simple design with a smooth rounded handle. We selected round handles because our PREVIOUS SQUARE end flatware set gouges/hurts the hand when scooping or pressing on the spoon or item (we feel the round end is much better). The Yamasaki finish is very smooth to touch and are easy to handle. The handles of the knives are hollow, I guess solid handle would be too heavy. More info about weight is listed below.

WEIGHT (I used digital scale to weigh each table setting item)

Teaspoon weighs 1 7/8 oz

Tablespoon weighs 3 oz

Knife weighs 3 oz (smooth no fine teeth on edge)

Large fork (dinner fork) weighs 2 3/4 oz

Smaller fork (salad fork) weighs 1 3/4 oz

This 45 piece set comes with some serving items. I am glad I purchased them and would recommend them.

I would like to give these more stars, but searching for flatware not made in china is not easy. The previous poster stated these were not made in China but on the back of my silverware we received says "Made in China". I guess my fear is that the lax standards of production in China and the lax import inspection standards in the USA make eating anything off medal made in China these days a gamble.

I will be sending these back to Amazon. The search will continue and I will probably have to pay more.

Buy Yamazaki Median 45-Piece Stainless-Steel Flatware Set, Service for 8 Now

The Yamazaki Median silverware is simple in design and beautiful. This silverware that will go with most dishes and has a nice heavy weight to it. It also feels good on your mouth when eating from the different pieces too.

I had made this purchase for a special dinner party and paid extra to have it delivered quickly. The package arrived on a Friday,the day before the party, and to my dismay the previously unopened box from Yamazaki had two sets of teaspoons and only 7 dinner forks. A knife was also missing. I found a phone number for Yamazaki online and left a message as they had left the office for the day. I then had to run out to purchase a new set of silverware from a home store. I was not happy!

The following Monday I called again, since noone had returned my call or email. The woman I spoke with was very nice on the phone and said she would send the missing pieces and include a postage paid envelope to return the extra teaspoons. The package arrives in about four days.

I would say if you want a design that is sleak, very simple, nice quality and heavy, you should be happy with this flatware. Just be sure to check it immediately upon arrival to make sure all the flatware are included in the box. This is especially important if it is a present.

Read Best Reviews of Yamazaki Median 45-Piece Stainless-Steel Flatware Set, Service for 8 Here

This 45 piece Set is much heavier than the Appel 65 piece set by the same manufacturer,

And the same price for less pieces. Both have a very nice feel in the hand, but I prefer the heavier on since I also have the Retroneu Contour set made of 18/8 in Korea. A similar flatware was made in China by Towles and Cambridge in 18/0 and some say it shows rust spots in dishwasher.

You can buy the Median with Japanese manufacture instead of Chinese, but it will cost more than twice as much.

Want Yamazaki Median 45-Piece Stainless-Steel Flatware Set, Service for 8 Discount?

I looked on-line and in stores before I purchased this set. I am very pleased. The style, weight, finish and size are all excellent. The only thing that could have made this set better would be twice the number of teaspoons.

Save 76% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment