Wusthof Gourmet 10-Inch Serrated Confectioner's Knife

Wusthof Gourmet 10-Inch Serrated Confectioner's KnifeI purchased this knife as my old bread knife was a bit too short to slice home baked bread using a breville slicing guide. They call it a crust-buster, and boy that is exactly what it does. Goes through a loaf like a hot knife through butter.

Fabulous tool recommended.

I had been reluctant to spend money for a knife used for just cutting bread but now that I own one, I wish I had done it a long time ago. It works wonderful with bread but it's great for bagels, tomatoes and anything that needs slicing. Well worth the money.

Buy Wusthof Gourmet 10-Inch Serrated Confectioner's Knife Now

Best bread knife I have ever owned. Fantastic on hard crusty breads, slices meat, vegetables, fruit most versatile knife I have ever used. You will not be disappointed in this knife which was recommended in Saveur Magazine.

Read Best Reviews of Wusthof Gourmet 10-Inch Serrated Confectioner's Knife Here

Firstly, this works very well, cuts crusty bread with no strife or strain. Just the way it ought to be. So full points for effectiveness. I quite liked the way it dealt with a crusty baguette, for example.

Note that you're not getting a top of the line Wusthof knife here (the Gourmet line is definitely 2nd tier): the handle looks a bit cheap compared to high-end knives, and it has a half tang (the tang is full length, but half-width). The steel looks and cuts fine, but I suspect that it might not last well under heavy use,

A few "obvious" things to note: (1) This is a very long blade (it really is a full 10 inches), so you will need a knife block that is built for such blades. (2) The instructions do say that you can use a steel to reset the edge when needed. (3) A serrated edge can mangle a cutting board, so be careful if you're using your fancy (expensive) block.

Want Wusthof Gourmet 10-Inch Serrated Confectioner's Knife Discount?

This bread knife has about the same height to it as a chef's knife. The edge is wonderful. Consequently I can slice my homemade bread extremely thin without much effort. I slice my bread thinner than convential slices. When I make a sandwich, both slices together are slightly thicker than one slice of convential bread. I recommend this knife highly.

Save 16% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment