Progressive International 11-Inch by 15-Inch Counter Edge Cutting Board with Collapsible Scrap Bin

Progressive International 11-Inch by 15-Inch Counter Edge Cutting Board with Collapsible Scrap BinCustomer review from the Amazon Vine Program You would think something a simple as a cutting board would have been perfected years ago and there wouldn't be much room for improvement. But it seems as though the only difference with most out there is just the material and size. This board has pretty much nailed every criteria that I want out of a cutting board. It's made out of a good hard plastic that hasn't shown any sign of wearing out from cutting with sharp knives. The whole product looks and feels very durable. There is enough texture so that items don't slide off, but not so much that food gets stuck in there. This makes it quite easy to clean. The bottom is also a non-slip surface so it stays on the counter.

And you can't forget about the collapsible scrap bin. This is surprisingly handy. It's adjustable in size and even removable for cleaning and storage. Other than that there really isn't much to say, other than to answer the question in review title. Which is, Yes, this is about as perfect as it gets for a cutting board. I wouldn't change a thing. Now I'll be purchasing another one and tossing the lesser cutting boards I've been forced to use over the years. :)

Customer review from the Amazon Vine Program I like the quality and the size of this board. It's sturdy and is dishwasher safe. For my needs, it's perfect. However, if you want to use the collapsible scrap bin, your scraps have to be on the small side, e.g. it's fine to hull strawberries, and scape the tops into the bin conveniently. But for a larger job, the bin fills quickly. That's the only reason I didn't give it five stars.

The bin is simple to remove. I like this feature not only for ease of cleaning, but this means the board is easy to use it without the bin when I want to. When I am using the bin, the contents slide easily into my kitchen compost pail.

Great product.

Buy Progressive International 11-Inch by 15-Inch Counter Edge Cutting Board with Collapsible Scrap Bin Now

Customer review from the Amazon Vine Program While it is plastic and not ideal for using with your expensive knives(plastic cutting boards do not give like wood or bamboo and so can dull a knife faster) this is a great item to use for lessor knives and I am even using it as a larger trivet for baking pans and such.

The try attaches easily and is great for sweeping either the bit you do not want to use or the reverse. everything cleans up quickly and the scrap bin collapses and stores with the board easily in a small space.

Nice item and should last for a long time but like I said not for use with your expensive knives.

Read Best Reviews of Progressive International 11-Inch by 15-Inch Counter Edge Cutting Board with Collapsible Scrap Bin Here

(2008 HOLIDAY TEAM) Customer review from the Amazon Vine Program Even though it is essentially a hunk of material that you cut on so as not to dull you knives, everyone who likes to cook knows that there are good cutting boards and bad ones. You can spend hundreds of dollars on premier, beautiful hardwood boards, or throw down a handful of nickels at a Dollar store on cheap plastic ones.

Since I discovered bamboo cutting boards, they have made up the bulk of my cutting board collection. They strike that fine balance between "look pretty" and "functional," while still being affordable. I tossed my plastic cutting boards long ago.

But I am always interested to try something new, so I picked up this "Progressive International Counter Edge Cutting Board with Collapsible Scrap Bin" to give it a try. And right away, I knew that this was a good cutting board.

The "counter edge" portion of the title is no lie. This cutting board is designed to hug a counter edge, and once it is in place it isn't going anywhere. The bottom is a non-slip surface that keeps the board from sliding, and it has a perfect balance and design that provides a sturdy cutting surface. At 11 X 15, it is a nice size that gives you a wide surface to work with, but you need decent counter space to use it.

The collapsible bin is like the bonus features on a DVD; nice to have but not really necessary. For my bamboo cutting boards, I just lift them up and dump the cuttings into the garbage disposal. They are light and maneuverable. So I have never worried about having an extra spot just for the cuttings. But because this cutting board is so solid, it isn't as easy to lift so I can see the use for the bin. I like the collapsible technology which allows for space-saving storage. Still, it is just as easy to use my hand, so I leave the bin off more often than not.

The cutting surface is nice, but not spectacular. I haven't liked plastic cutting boards in the past because I feel like they grip my knife, and I don't get as nice of a rocking motion as I get from hardwood. This board has the same problem. The plastic surface is more "sticky" than I like.

If the board has a flaw, it is definitely that it fails the "look pretty" test. That white-and-green plastic design from the Progressive International line may be fine for storage bins and lettuce spinners, but it isn't something I want as a permanent part of my kitchen. That is just personal taste though.

In the end, I still stick with my bamboo cutting boards for most daily use, and pull this out when I have a big job and will be doing a lot of cutting. I like the large, immobile surface, but I don't need it all the time.

Want Progressive International 11-Inch by 15-Inch Counter Edge Cutting Board with Collapsible Scrap Bin Discount?

Customer review from the Amazon Vine Program I love this sturdy cutting board with a removable bin that can be used to collect food or scraps. It has a convenient collapsible bin that may be removed after use for easy storage. The tray slides easily into place and seals between board and bin to ensure liquid does not fall on the floor. The bin has a 4-cup capacity and the board features an L shaped edge design that fits over a sink and counter. It has non skid feet, and measures 11 by 15-inch. I use this for cutting vegetables, fruits, and chicken: It convenient and easy to use.

1. Totally Bamboo 20-7930 3-Piece Cutting Board Set

2. Wusthof 2036 Bamboo Cutting Board

0 comments:

Post a Comment