OXO Good Grips Professional 5-Inch Serrated Utility Knife

OXO Good Grips Professional 5-Inch Serrated Utility KnifeI bought this knife to replace a 20-year-old Henckels Gourmet series 5" serrated utility knife. Interestingly, I like this knife a lot more than the Henckels, and the Henckels had been my go-to knife for darned near all my cutting needs. The Oxo has a better balance and feel in the hand, and it is exceedingly sharp. It's half the price of the Henckels knife, and I feel that the quality is just as good, or better. I also own an Oxo 6" chef's knife that I like better than my Henckels chef knife.

The Oxo Good Grips Professional 5-Inch Serrated Utility Knife is a product with excellent value.

Update, August 2010: This knife has become somewhat dull in the two years that I have been using it. The problem is that serrated knives are difficult (if not impossible) to sharpen at home. My Oxo knives that have standard non-serrated blades can easily be sharpened, and therefore have stood up to hard usage. This one has not. Still a good knife for the price, but not five-star quality.

I purchased this knife for my aunt who has arthritis and has trouble gripping objects.She found the knife to be very comfortable to hold, well balanced and sharp enough to cut a ripe tomato. I have always been impressed with OXO kitchen tools and this knife is no exceptionOXO Good Grips Professional 5-Inch Serrated Utility Knife.

Buy OXO Good Grips Professional 5-Inch Serrated Utility Knife Now

Not as good as the better brands, but doesn't have their price-tag either. For everyday slicing, esp. bagels, bread, cake, etc. this is a very comfortable and useful knife. Although I have high-end knives for real prep work, this probably gets more use as an all-around, easy to grab knife.

Read Best Reviews of OXO Good Grips Professional 5-Inch Serrated Utility Knife Here

This is a great all purpose knife. It's unbelievably sharp. I was using a large serated knife to cut a roast into stew pieces and it was tough going. In desperation, I picked up this handy little OXO and to my utter amazement, this arduous task became as easy as cutting through butter with a butter knife! Amazing. You can't go wrong with this knife. Worth every penny.

Want OXO Good Grips Professional 5-Inch Serrated Utility Knife Discount?

This is the knife I wish I had bought years ago. There's no need to take out a larger knife for small vegetables or rolls. The grip is comfortable and the blade is sharp. I was tired of stabbing the outside of a tomato in order to start slicing it. This knife glides through a tomato easily and cuts sandwiches with no pulling or tearing. I'm planning on adding a second one to my next Amazon order.

0 comments:

Post a Comment