J.K. Adams 20-Inch-by-14-Inch Maple Wood Farmhouse Carving Board with Handles

J.K. Adams 20-Inch-by-14-Inch Maple Wood Farmhouse Carving Board with HandlesCooks illustrated originally brought this old New England brand to my attention in one of their cutting board comparisons.

After browsing their selection of excellent cutting boards, my wife and I finally settled on this one. It's not as flashy as some of the newer bamboo boards, but this tried and true maple board has been in our kitchen for the last year, and I figure it'll be here for decades more.

Be aware that you'll need to treat the board with mineral oil regularly (once every 6-12 months or so for infrequent use, more regularly if you use the board frequently) -but that's as simple as cleaning, drying and rubbing in some mineral oil.

I'm a chef and when I saw this borad I was really excited for something that would be heavy like butcher block. I loved the looked of the product and the deep groove around the edge. After a few washes it has completely bowed out of shaped though. We've never left it to soak in water, just washed it with soap and then dried it and it now rocks on the counter when we try to use it. I know how to do wood working and know that if it would have been put together propperly this problem could have been avoided, so I'm going to have to chalk this up to poor craftsmanship. I have to say that I wouldn't recommend this particular product to anyone in the future and I have been quite let down.

Buy J.K. Adams 20-Inch-by-14-Inch Maple Wood Farmhouse Carving Board with Handles Now

Made in Vermont, this maple wood cutting board is well-made and attractive. I have purchased two because of the quality.

Read Best Reviews of J.K. Adams 20-Inch-by-14-Inch Maple Wood Farmhouse Carving Board with Handles Here

Solid board with a deep liquid well around the perimeter. Just remember to keep it oiled (I use olive oil). No complaints at all.

Want J.K. Adams 20-Inch-by-14-Inch Maple Wood Farmhouse Carving Board with Handles Discount?

I ordered this cutting board with the grooves for juices because I somehow lost/misplaced the one I had similar to it. Really like it

Save 7% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment