J.A. Henckels International Forged Synergy 7-Piece Knife Set

J.A. Henckels International Forged Synergy 7-Piece Knife SetHello my fellow Amazonians!

I recently purchased this set for everyday kitchen use and cooking. I am an amature when it comes to cooking, but I do love to cook and try new things in the kitchen. My goal was to have a quality knife set. I settled on these for two main reasons: 1) the reputation of J.A. Henckels 2) they were forged. Granted they are still made in China, but they are a nice entry level into the forged knives for the price. As a matter of fact you can't pass up the price. I have seen the same knife set on other sites for an additional $150 plus.

I have only had them for a week or so, but they rock! Very Sharp! The scissors are awesome (always wanted some kitchen scissors!) The other knives are the right tools for the everyday chef. The paring knife is a little small, but works well. I am NOT washing these in the machine; hand wash, immediate dry and back to the block. The handles are well balenced and each knife has some weight to it to help with the cutting, the blades do not bend, (nor should they being forged. I did not go to the next set up which included steak knives, which I did not need. For the price, you can NOT beat the quality, the variety they offer nor the reputation from J.A.

I have no negatives at this point. One concern about the block as it is not wood but a composite metal. Not sure if this is good or bad. But a thought: Sometimes putting a knife away, the point will snag on a wood block and bend, this will not happen on the composite block. Other than that, I am quite pleased with my purchase.

I have owned this set of knives for about a year now and have to say that the more I use them, the more I love them. They are "off-limits" to my family because these are "my" knives. My wife says they are too sharp for her and the kids don't understand the proper treatment of a good-quality knife. Trust me, you won't be disappointed picking up a set of these babies...

They feel well balanced, hold their edge, and are high-quality metal. I never run them through the dishwasher and I haven't had any rust problems with them. Every few months I take them out of the block, check the edge, and oil them, re-clean them and return them to the block. All-in-all a wonderful set of knives...

Buy J.A. Henckels International Forged Synergy 7-Piece Knife Set Now

I bought this set about 1 month ago and like it very much. Sharp, well balanced and good looking knives. No rust problems, but I wash and dry them right away and don't leave them laying around on the counter or in the sink they are too sharp for that anyways. The curved handles are comfortable and feel good in my hands. The wood block is handsome and the sharpening steel works like a charm. The scissors are also sharp and good quality. I use the knifes every day and can recommend them to you. For the price, they are a great value.

Also the J.A.Henckels customer service is very good. One of the knifes was the wrong size and they promptly sent me the right one.

Read Best Reviews of J.A. Henckels International Forged Synergy 7-Piece Knife Set Here

These knives are sharp.. And real metal, which means keep the brillo pad near by. They are going to get rust on them... Your suppose to wash the knife and then dry it right afterwards. Its two years later and the knives are still sharp. Did not sharpen it yet, but maybe later this year. The scissors are stronger than your average house scissors, but they are for the kitchen. I am impressed with them. Remember the rust going to happen from water not being dried on it... a couple swipes with the brillo and looks good as new.

Update: 7/29/2012, I purchased this product september 2009. I do not need to sharpen the knives yet, except maybe the chop knife. Its gets used the most. These are genuine steel knives, so they must be dried right after washing or you will see rust spots, the same as a cast iron pan. Take care of the products and it will take care of you. A Steel pad will easily get rid of the rust spots. But great reliable products. I'm impressed.

Want J.A. Henckels International Forged Synergy 7-Piece Knife Set Discount?

I used these knives for the first time today. They are so sharp its like you are slicing through butter. I love these knives. Dont know how I every lived without them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment