Farberware Pro Forged 3-1/2-Inch with Sheath

Farberware Pro Forged 3-1/2-Inch with SheathThese are some pretty great Paring Knives, definitely worth the money. They come almost razor sharp and are solidly constructed. The handles are hollow, which is a negative in my opinion, but this is the case with almost all of the decent Paring Knives available here. And these are pretty much the most affordable option for a solidly constructed little kitchen knife. I would definitely buy again.

This knife is way better than I expected for this price! Full tang with a blade that doesn't flex. The included plastic sheath is a nice bonus.

Buy Farberware Pro Forged 3-1/2-Inch with Sheath Now

I like to cook and at home we have Shun stainless steel, Sabatier carbon steel and Forschner/Victorinox stainless steel knives in the kitchen. I bought the Farberware 8" Chef's Knife and 3 1/2" Paring Knife to throw in my checked bags when I travel. I like to cook or eat in for breakfast and frequently dinner. I don't want to take my knife roll with Sabatier knives with me so after reading several reviews I ordered these. One thing I really liked was that they come with a plastic sheath / blade protector so I didn't have to buy those separately. The other thing I liked was the price of less than $20 for two forged kitchen knives.

The knives are surprisingly attractive and well balanced with a nice heft and well fitted handles, rivets, and bolster. The blades show grind marks but that doesn't affect the functionality or the overall appearance. At this price I didn't really expect the company to polish the blades to a mirror finish. They were pretty sharp when they arrived but a few minutes on a water stone got them very sharp. I use the Paring Knife more than the Chef's Knife and it has held an edge pretty well on this trip with daily use. I don't have a steel with me so I can't re-align the edge after each use to keep it as sharp as I would at home.

I would highly recommend these knives for anyone looking for a basic set of decent quality kitchen knives but doesn't want to take out a second mortgage to get them. I also like the Forschner/Victorinox line of kitchen knives with the Fibrox handles for an inexpensive alternative to Shun, Wusthof, etc. They are stamped and are lighter but very good quality.

Read Best Reviews of Farberware Pro Forged 3-1/2-Inch with Sheath Here

So growing up I helped out in the kitchen from the time I was six years old. Like many mothers, mine taught me a simple fundamental safety rule in the kitchen: always cut away from yourself.

Then you the exception to the rule: the paring knife. In all my years of cooking at home and in restaurants, I have never witnessed someone use a paring knife without cutting towards their thumb.

I enjoy hiking and biking and wanted a reliable knife for apple slicing during rest stops. Nothing beats a granny smith for my taste buds. So I went on a hunt for the perfect paring knife.

Qualities I was looking for where: stainless steel, hefty handle, and ease of cleaning. This little guy from Faberware fits this to a tee.

The plastic handle is attached to a full tang blade, providing excellent heft and ease of cleaning. Moisture tends to accumulate at the juncture of most blade to hilt set ups, the design of this knife helps to reduce that issue, thereby inhibiting corrosion. I know, I know, but stainless steel doesn't rust you say. Well it does, it tends to be rust resistant but not rust proof. The ease of cleaning this little bad boy helps keep it rust free.

With the full tang, force transfer from palm to the cutting edge is smoother and allows for better control of the cut. This is essential when learning to avoid self amputation of your opposable digit. (Oh how I love my thumbs) The design of the handle itself rests comfortably in the cradle of your palm allowing excellent feedback as you slice off your little piece of fruit deliciousness.

Now there are "cheaper" versions by Farberware and more expensive versions (to include the ceramic paring knives). I own a cheaper Faberware product where the blade fits into the handle rather than being the handle, and... it rusted (see? stainless steel rusts). I considered a ceramic one for about as long as it took to remember that I tend to drop things. Ceramic, being very hard, can have an excellent edge... it also is way more brittle than stainless steel. I could bike 30 mph downhill full on into a guy in a bear suit and stainless steel would survive the wreckage... ceramic not so much.

For quality and price this paring knife is an amazing deal. AND you get a handy sheath that fits snugly and pretty securely for bouncing around in my backpack all day. (Although when putting it in, I first tried it how it "looked" right, and it didn't work nearly as well as flipping it over and sliding it in the other way. I'm told that works for many things in life not just this knife.)

The second one I bought for the kitchen works great too :)

Want Farberware Pro Forged 3-1/2-Inch with Sheath Discount?

the knife is nice. bought it for culinary school and it works jus fine for what i want. love the fact it has a sheath the look is a bit decieving online but its not an expensive knife but i didnt expect it to look like it was made by a chile. but overall nice knife.

Save 35% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment