Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Select Kitchen Shears

Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Select Kitchen ShearsThese shears are solidly built, but a little on the small side. Best for small to medium-sized hands. The actual blade only measures 2 1/2 inches, which is not very long if you want to cut deeply into a piece of poultry. Also, they are made in Italy, not Germany.

I like these shears. They are very sharp and work well. The only complaint I have it in the product review it states that the shears come apart for easy cleaning, and this is not true. If you go to the Henckels web site it doesn't make this claim. I was looking for shears that came apart, so was somewhat Disappointed.

Buy Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Select Kitchen Shears Now

I had been wanting a quality set of kitchen shears for a long time, but I had found cheap replacements around fairly easy. Well, I'm 60 and have a lot of arthritis. That means straining my hands causes the arthritis to kick in almost immediately. Because of this, I really need hand tools that do their jobs with ease. Cheap shears just don't cut as well or last as long as good ones.

My recent purchase of a new Henckels 20-Slot Super Knife Storage Block had added slots for a meat cleaver and shears. My cheap-o shears wouldn't fit, and looking at the two empty slots encouraged me to get busy looking for what I needed. I purchased these shears along with an equally excellent new Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Four Star II Meat Cleaver, knowing both would make my life easier in the kitchen and they have.

The Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Select Kitchen Shears don't have large handles, but they are made of thick strong steel. I wear a large size in gloves, and I find I only need to use my thumb and first three index fingers to comfortably use these shears. The blades have a micro serration on each blade, and both are almost razor sharp. The German quality steel means these Italian made shears will also hold that edge in long use. The blades are just under three inches long from the pivot, and the handles are just under five inches from that pivot, which gives an excellent ratio requiring less hand strength even when cutting using only the blade tips. These shears actually cut chicken bones like they might be ligaments this includes the larger bones found in chicken. They cut the meat like it's butter, but you may need to lightly hold the skin to also easily cut it. Just don't accidentally get one of your fingers in the way, or you will surely give yourself a severe cut. The cutting angle on the blades looks to be just under 45 degrees, for a long lasting edge, but I also wouldn't run a finger across the very sharp cutting edge of either blade this too could easily give you a nasty cut.

The shears can be easily taken apart, but you really need a special tool to do this properly. Disassembly really isn't needed though. I just hand wash mine after use in hot soapy water, rinse well, and dry them carefully. The warmed metal from the hot water soon fully dries the rinse water from the rest of the joint. At this point, I put a single small drop of cooking oil in the joint, give a final wipe to any excess oil, and store my shears in my knife block.

These shears have a beautiful satin finish and look great. They also feel very good in the hand even when your hands are greasy. Their action is smooth and precise. I'm sure these shears will out last me if simply taken care of and used for their intended purposes in food preparation. These cost a bit, but the quality and ease of use make them worth the price. They will also far out last any cheaper shears.

Read Best Reviews of Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Select Kitchen Shears Here

I've had an endless series of cheap kitchen scissors through the years. When my last pair started tearing instead of cutting, and the tips didn't meet properly, I decided to invest in a really nice pair. I did a lot of research on Amazon and the Internet, trying to avoid paying for a designer name with poor quality.

I decided to buy Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Select Kitchen Shears because they are solid, high-carbon stainless-steel and come apart for cleaning. I didn't want another pair with plastic handles, or any with a cheap screw holding them together. Another deciding point was the lifetime guarantee against defects, and the fact that German-made products I own (cookware and kitchen knives) have held up remarkably well.

These scissors are truly beautiful to see, they're nicely balanced and the handles are very comfortable despite being solid metal. They are razor sharp and cut through chicken breasts as if they were paper. It looks like they require a dime or a screwdriver to take them apart, but I think it's a bonus that they can't pop apart easily.

I'm very pleased with these shears, and look forward to years of using them in my kitchen. Sometimes it's really worth it to spend a little extra on quality!

Want Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Select Kitchen Shears Discount?

I don't mind that these don't come apart easily. These are beautiful and functional. The picture doesn't do them justice. If you are looking for high quality shears these are the ones you want.

Save 23% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment