Zayka AVANTI Series, 3 Item Set - Chef's Knife 6 in(Inch), Peering Knife 4 in(inch) and Peeler

Zayka AVANTI Series, 3 Item Set - Chef's Knife 6 in(Inch), Peering Knife 4 in(inch) and Peeler, White BladeI received the small paring knife in this series as part of a gift while buying their Damascus 8" Chef knife. It is like a razor. And though I shun plastic handled knives, this one has such nice texture and curves I don't mind. Its not that in your face cheap looking plastic.

I was given both the chef and cook knives as Christmas gifts last year. Though the cook knife did not survive an accidental drop on the tile floor (the blades are brittle), my housemate and I have since learned to be cautious when handling the chef knife. It's as sharp as a scalpel and we are always competing for it now. It's also well balanced and the black rubber grip is comfortable. In summary, the perfect knife for precise blade work.

I would be giving this product 5 stars except the blade Is fragile. One incautious drop resulted in 4 minute chips. But such is the nature of ceramic blades, and the chips don't prevent me from using it several times a day--especially for the thin vegetable slices normally done with a mandoline.

Will I buy another? Probably not so long as it's only available as a bundled gift set. But I'd buy an appropriately priced stand-alone replacement.

Buy Zayka AVANTI Series, 3 Item Set - Chef's Knife 6 in(Inch), Peering Knife 4 in(inch) and Peeler Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment