Wusthof Classic 6-Inch Straight Meat Fork

Wusthof Classic 6-Inch Straight Meat ForkAs a longtime Wüsthof-Trident collector, I've acquired both their Classic Straight Forks and their Classic Curved Forks. I use a curved fork for turning pot roast that is being cooked in a Dutch oven, as well as for lifting roasted meat, game, and poultry from a roasting pan onto a carving board. I use this straight fork (also called a bayonet fork or chef's fork) for carving roasted meats, game, and poultry. I also use a tine of this straight fork to pierce roasts for checking the color of their juices as a test for doneness.This fork is made to the same specifications as the Classic line of Wüsthof knives it has full tang construction, meaning that it's forged from a single blank of high-carbon, no stain steel, and it has the traditional triple-riveted design. The handle of the straight fork feels balanced in my hand as I use it to pinion the roast to my carving board for carving and also maneuver it in tandem with my carving knife to detach, lift, and plate slices of meat with ease. The tines of this 6-inch fork are 4.5 inches long. Wüsthof makes an 8-inch straight fork, too. Both of these straight forks can do double duty as sauté forks. I hand wash and dry all my Wüsthof forks and knives, but the manufacturer states you can wash this fork in the automatic dishwasher.

When it comes to knives, I am an unabashed Wusthof fan. When we get to carving forks, however, there is a problem. This is a beautiful, superbly-made fork that will ably perform any conceivable task. However, Calphalon makes one that is every bit as functional for about one-fifth the price. This is when I must sadly say, "Sorry, Wusthof, but no can do.".

Buy Wusthof Classic 6-Inch Straight Meat Fork Now

I was given one of these forks as a gift. It is a fabulous fork. The reason I gave it only three stars is that I recently bought a Calphalon knife set, and it came with a fork that is in every way the equal to this fork, yet even as an open stock item, costs a fraction of the price. If you must have the name, buy it. On the other hand if you want the best quality, and value your money.... there are alternatives.

Read Best Reviews of Wusthof Classic 6-Inch Straight Meat Fork Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment