WMF Baguette 45-Piece Flatware Placesetting, Service for Eight

WMF Baguette 45-Piece Flatware Placesetting, Service for EightI bought this set trying to match flatware I saw and liked at Campanile restaurant in L.A. That flatware was marked "WMF Baguette" This set seems fairly close, but it doesn't feel quite as heavy as I remembered I suspect the consumer version sold through Amazon may be a little different from the restaurant version. But the real problem is that although the knives and dinner forks matched the photo on the Amazon website, the small forks did not. Instead of salad/dessert forks, my set included fish forks. They have three tines instead of four and they look different from salad forks fish forks have notches in the side of the fork. They don't work as well as regular salad forks for eating leafy salads. Also, I found the soup spoons were just too big, making them hard to use. I returned the set for a refund.

I ordered 4 sets of 45 pieces and one of the sets had fish knives (gray/green box) instead of dessert knives while the other 3 sets had the knives as shown in the pictures (white/silver boxes). The set with the fish knives came unwrapped also so I exchanged it for the correct one. In terms of quality, I have to say it is superb; they are heavy, look and feel very good. These could easily be sold for many times the price.

Buy WMF Baguette 45-Piece Flatware Placesetting, Service for Eight Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment