Messermeister Meridian Elite - 8" Stealth Chef's Knife

Messermeister Meridian Elite - 8' Stealth Chef's KnifeI received this knife about a month ago. It has lived up to what I expected. First of all, It is a looker. It is finished much better than most knives. The blade is sharp and fully polished, while the handle is perfect. I was expecting it to be a little lighter than it is. It is not a bunch different than most standard chef's knifes. I don't find myself reaching for it as much as I expected. I am not sure why.

Update

It has been a couple months. I have decided this knife is not for me. It is well balanced, but does not seem nimble. Something about it does not fit. I think it is the weight, at about 250g, it weighs as much as most heavy standard 8" knives. I have a couple others (one forged,one stamped) that come in at about 175g and I like the lighter weight better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment