Kyocera Revolution Series 5-1/2-Inch Santoku Knife

Kyocera Revolution Series 5-1/2-Inch Santoku Knife, Pink HandleI'm very impressed with the ceramic blade of this Kyocera knife. You can see here on Amazon that Kyocera is making a submarket with this ceramic technology. It really delivers -it's sharp, light, and seems strong in the up/down direction. I've used a lot of different knives across the price spectrum for a broad range of cooking tasks, and this one slices cleaner, faster, easier than any knife I've ever used.

I never *really* imagined using a knife this sharp. It's what I imagine a hand-crafted Spanish Toledo steel sword or Samurai blade would be like. Except smaller. And lighter. And white.

However, be careful! Because it is both very lightweight and very sharp, the knife handles differently than any knife I've used before. And it is sharp enough to do real damage quite quickly. For instance, I received one of these knives as a gift from a friend who had recently got one for herself. It turns out that we *both* cut our fingers in the first few weeks of using our fancy new knives! In each case, we sliced through a fingernail that with a less-sharp knife might have afforded some protection. (I'm typing now with a bandage on my index finger.) I will be very attentive while using this knife from now on!

But, you know, it is a really nice, sharp knife.

The knife comes with care instructions that emphasize the the brittleness of the blade to lateral forces: don't knck the edge against anything hard, don't smack the flat of the blade to crush garlic. No dishwasher.

The special care is a small price for having such a unique knife in the kitchen!

I received my knife as I was just beginning to make dinner and the timing was perfect. I was immediately struck by how beautiful it was, then I started using it. It's the sharpest knife I have ever used, bar none. Not really much more to say about that, it's just sharp.

If you're researching ceramic knives you know that they have special care instructions. Basically, no dishwasher. And it's meant solely for slicing and cutting, so you won't be prying jars open with this. Of course, you shouldn't be prying jars open with knives anyway, professor.

Buy it. Seriously, it's great. It won't get dull for a LONG TIME and when it does you just send it to Kyocera in California and they sharpen it for free. FREE.

A little advice, though. When you get it don't try testing out it's sharpness on your skin.

Buy Kyocera Revolution Series 5-1/2-Inch Santoku Knife Now

I've had a couple of Kyocera ceramic knives and they're great. The extra sharpness makes the knife useful in places where a steel knife isn't great -slicing large loaves of crisp bread, bagels, bagels, tomatoes are much easier. But I've had both knives crack under use, so you need to adopt your style. Nevertheless, if you want a supersharp knife, these ceramic knives are brilliant.

Read Best Reviews of Kyocera Revolution Series 5-1/2-Inch Santoku Knife Here

I bought this for a friend as a gift. He looks for this knife at my house every time he comes to dinner. He likes to make the salad and this is wonderful for celery, carrots etc. I personally like it for everything and it is the knife I reach for first.

Want Kyocera Revolution Series 5-1/2-Inch Santoku Knife Discount?

easy to handle, very versatile; what I love best is that even delicate lettuces and herbs don't oxidize as they would with a metal knife; and if you taste an apple slice, for example, cut with a metal knife vs ceramic, you CAN taste the difference, and just see which one oxidizes first!

have given away at least 8 as gifts and everyone raves about them, including 2 professional chefs; love the paring knife and peeler, too, but I think I use the adjustable mandoline the most (after the Santoku) great for salads, soups, presentation; took the mandoline to a cooking class and the chef promptly put her old (much more expensive) metal one away.

although the manufacturer warns about using the ceramic blades against bone, I find the ceramic Santoku makes an excellent carving knife, and it debones chicken like a scalpel. LOVE these products

keep in mind, this is CERAMIC, so it does break if you drop or torque it; have had my knife about 6 years & have never sharpened it-still cuts like a razor

Save 29% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment