J.K. Adams Hickory Wood Kitchen Basic

J.K. Adams 14-Inch-by-11-Inch Maple Wood Kitchen Basic Cutting BoardMy board was perfectly flat at first. I noticed that it was distinctly warped after the first use. I use it nearly every day and probably even several times a day, and sometimes it is warped on one side then the other, (JK Adams is etched on only one side). It appears that the warping occurs because the board gets washed and rinsed with water, but typically only on the side that was in use. Apparently the moisture seeps into the wood causing that side to expand resulting in a distinct curve. I find that by purposefully wetting both sides and standing to dry I minimize the warping, but seriously I never saw this happen before and really think it ought not to happen at all if the wood is prepared properly. The board does seem to be made of maple and it is hard, in that after many uses with sharp knives I can barely distinguish a cut mark in it. It's usable, but I don't think having it lay flat is too high an expectation.

It is less than a year since the purchase date and this board has split on several of the glued seams and is no longer usable.

When I saw this cutting board I thought, huh... I bet that shape would be useful. Most cutting boards are more square, but this one is an unusual rectangle shape, much more wide than deep.

That extra width means I can push the food I've already chopped off to the side and still have room to keep chopping. But in terms of *depth*, it's still a mid-sized cutting board. It doesn't take as much room on my table as a really big chopping board.

It's beautifully made and looks very durable. I've been oiling it faithfully and it looks great.

Buy J.K. Adams Hickory Wood Kitchen Basic Now

We purchased this cutting board after reviewing numerous other options and regret every moment of it. It's been a few months, but the board started wrapping up soon after we starting using it and then a crack appeared right in the middle, and today, it split evenly in two parts. We clean it daily, dry it everyday, and yet, it broke. Severely disappointed and will stay away from this brand forever.

Read Best Reviews of J.K. Adams Hickory Wood Kitchen Basic Here

This board was the perfect size for a specific need we had in our kitchen. Reviews seems good so off we went.

Within 2 days of owning this board, maybe 3 uses, it started to warp, and warp seriously. Within 1 week it was entirely split in two. We've owned many boards, both high end and low, and know how to care for them. Shocked at how quickly this split. Maybe just one bad board in the lot, but we'll certainly stay away.

Want J.K. Adams Hickory Wood Kitchen Basic Discount?

I have always purchased cutting boards locally but they never lasted long, especially the bamboo cutting boards which broke in half. This is a great cutting board. I am looking forward to buying more J.K. Adams products.

Save 13% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment