Forschner / Victorinox 5" Rosewood Boning Knife Curved, Flexible, Handle Model 40018

Forschner / Victorinox 5' Rosewood Boning Knife Curved, Flexible, Handle Model 40018BEST KNIFE. I WORKED AS A BUTCHER FO 40 YEARS AND HAVE ALWAYS ENJOYED USING YOUR KNIVES. BOTH AT WORK AND WHERE I LIVE.

I've owned one of these knives for about 3 years and absolutely love it. It was recommended to me by an experienced butcher and a few chefs. I was told to go with the rosewood handle instead of the fibrox one since the wood will retain it's grip better when it gets fat on it during use. Like every Forschner knife I own it keeps an edge really well.

While it is an essential knife for cutting up primal cuts or whole animals, I've found myself using it a lot for things like carving cooked chickens and turkeys. The curve at the front and the flexibility allow you to easily get in and cut joints or remove the breasts. Just a really great knife overall (the semi-flexible is very nice as well).

Buy Forschner / Victorinox 5" Rosewood Boning Knife Curved, Flexible, Handle Model 40018 Now

I bought this on the recommendation of my brother-in-law (an artisanal butcher and formerly sous chef at a Michelin star restaurant). He uses this as part of his daily butchering kit. Since good knives are a critical part of his trade, I trusted his advice and couldn't be happier with the decision.

For the last two years I have participated in small scale hog slaughter with friends and family. The Victorinox Forschner knives paired with a good steel (F. Dick Multicut) made a huge difference the second year; breaking and butchering 5 pigs in about half the time we butchered 4 pigs the year before. The flexibility is great for maneuvering around bones and executing a clean cut, even in novice hands.

The rosewood handle soaks up fat, preventing the handle from getting slick thus preventing dangerous situations. I was worried about the clean-up with the soaked up fat, but had no problems cleaning with soap and water. While fibrox may be slightly easier to clean, I'd rather spend an extra minute cleaning than hours in an Emergency Room waiting to get stitches from an accidental cut.

Will gladly buy more Victorinox Forschner knives in the future.

Read Best Reviews of Forschner / Victorinox 5" Rosewood Boning Knife Curved, Flexible, Handle Model 40018 Here

This is a great knife one of my favorites of many. Although it is classified as a boning knife, (which it is I just boned the remnants of a large ham),it is a versatile tool, and I use it for many kitchen tasks. The rosewood handle, in my opinion, adds beauty and class. Granted, wood has its drawbacks but taken care of,(i.e., a little mineral oil once in a while), its beauty and "patina" lasts for years. I read one review that complained about an unpleasant wood odor, but I personally have never detected any unusual odor at all. It definitely holds a premier spot in my knife racks. Don't be fooled into thinking that you must spend a fortune for a good knife. This knife was rated "topnotch" by a national cooking utensil rater, and it's a steal! -oh yeah, I'm about to order another one.

R. Alford

Houston, TX

Want Forschner / Victorinox 5" Rosewood Boning Knife Curved, Flexible, Handle Model 40018 Discount?

0 comments:

Post a Comment