Chef'sChoice 464 Pronto Manual 2-Stage Diamond Hone Knife Sharpener

Chef'sChoice 464 Pronto Manual 2-Stage Diamond Hone Knife SharpenerChef'sChoice 464 Pronto Manual 2-Stage Diamond Hone Knife Sharpener

I've had some good quality German cutlery for over 25 years. However, the 'factory' sharpening steel wore out long ago. I replaced it with a 'diamond' type sharpening rod, however, I just couldn't seem to produce the type of edge I really wanted and needed. Furthermore, after purchasing some new knives that had poorly ground edges, which didn't cut like I knew good quality knives should cut, I decided to reseach various sharpeners on-line to see if I could find a reasonably priced, good quality sharpener to help me get my knives "back into shape". That's when I came across this one. Even though no reviews had been given on this model yet, I purchased it because I liked the fact that the manufacturer specialized in cutlery sharpeners (of many different types) and that this manual sharpener specified it used diamond sharpening wheels that could sharpen serrated knives as well.

The night it arrived at my house I went to work... I resharpened every knife I had in my kithcen (Cleaver; filleting knives; serrated bread knives; 6", 8", 10" cook knives; specialty meat slicing knives; boning knives; and so on...). I began with the dullest of my knives to see just how well the sharpener would work on a knife with a poor edge. Well, it took a few trys and some additional re-reading of the instructions for me to get the feel of the sharpener and to produce the results I desired.

The "bottom line" is... this sharpener will do just what the manufacturer says it will do. Those 28 year old German knives are, once again, in daily use right along side with my newer knives.

I'm very pleased with my purchase... I also like the compact size of this sharpener which makes it easy for me to take it wherever want, and that it stores conveniently in one of my kitchen drawers (also, I don't need electricity to make it work).

I have alway's had problem's sharpening

knife's,and have tried many different

type's of sharpening devises,this does

a better job than the other's,when

i say i have tried a lot of different

one's,i am 82 year's old,so you get

the idea.

Buy Chef'sChoice 464 Pronto Manual 2-Stage Diamond Hone Knife Sharpener Now

I wasn't hopeful when I got this knife sharpener. I'd had a similar-looking sharpener before, and it had done a terrible job. For years I've been sharpening my lives the old-fashioned way, with two different grades of stone and two different grades of steel. Time consuming, but effective. But this sharpener seems to be just as effective and a whole lot quicker. I'd recommend it to anybody. I haven't tried it on serrated knives and am skeptical about what it'll do to one. The serrations pretty much demand a complicated sharpening process that is best done by the factory. But if you keep your straight-bladed knives really sharp, the only serrated knife you'll really need is a bread knife, and they rarely need sharpening.

Read Best Reviews of Chef'sChoice 464 Pronto Manual 2-Stage Diamond Hone Knife Sharpener Here

We had a Wusthof that worked well for many years. We also have the Chef's Choice 120 Diamond Hone which works very well. But for everyday use the Chef's Choice 464 manual sharpener is perfect. It keeps the knives sharp longer than the Wusthof use to do. Highly recommended.

Want Chef'sChoice 464 Pronto Manual 2-Stage Diamond Hone Knife Sharpener Discount?

One of the fastest and most efficient sharpeners I have ever used. Wish they made an Asian version (15 degrees). But an excellent sharpener for double edged 20 degree Western knives.

Save 52% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment