Calphalon Contemporary 8-Piece Stamped Steak Knife Set

Calphalon Contemporary 8-Piece Stamped Steak Knife SetThe serrations on these knives are terrible. They do not cut. They rip and you have to put quite a bit of effort into doing it. That applies to pretty much any kind of food. A knife that can not cut a fried egg cleanly is not worth anything. And only half of the blade is serrated while the rest is as dull as any cheap knife. I bought these to replace a set of no-name serrated knives I bought 8 years ago which still cut very well but whose handles are now disintegrating from dishwasher cleaning. These calphalons stain in the dishwasher just as badly but cut nowhere near as well. I am back on the market looking for a decent set of general use knives.

I have a whole Calphalon knife set and I was surprised to be extremely disappointed with these steak knives. The steak knives have a really good feel however the small and tight serations cause meat to get stuck between the serations leading to a totally useless knife. Again, I love every Calphalon knife in my set except for these steak knives. I have no idea why the other users rate these as high as they have but please save your money and buy a different style Calphalon steak knife.

Buy Calphalon Contemporary 8-Piece Stamped Steak Knife Set Now

These are good sturdy steak knives suitable for every day use and for entertaining. The blade runs through the handle as it should in a quality knife. The serrations are very tight and small and run from about a half inch from the tip of the blade to about two inches before the handle. The handle is some type of composite with a black matte finish. There are no spaces around the blade where it meets the handle where food might get stuck. They have a nice weight in the hand, cut well, and hold up well in the dishwasher. I've been using these for a few months and the color has not faded on the handles and it doesn't look as though that will happen. They are well made and a good value for the price. I have purchased more expensive knives that have rusted or have damage to their wooden handles due to the dishwasher. I recommend these.

Read Best Reviews of Calphalon Contemporary 8-Piece Stamped Steak Knife Set Here

These are the same cheap Chinese stamped steak knives that came with our full set of Calphalon knives that I bought my wife a few years ago. The rest of the kitchen knives are wonderful! These steak knives are crap! As many others have noted, they don't cut-they rip and tear. One of these days I'm going to put them to a grinding wheel and see if I can't improve their usability. In the meantime, they are simply placeholders in our knife block while we use the old wooden-handled steak knives that we've had for 30+ years.

Want Calphalon Contemporary 8-Piece Stamped Steak Knife Set Discount?

These are the worst excuse for a knife I've ever used. 1) ruined the forks the first time we used them, gouging the tines of the fork and 2) shredded the meat being cut as the serrated edge grabbed the meat instead of slicing through it.

Give these as a gift only to your worst enemy!

Save 17% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment