Chroma Type 301 Designed By F.A. Porsche 10 Inch Chef Knife P01

Chroma Type 301 Designed By F.A. Porsche 10 Inch Chef Knife P01I was informed about these knives from a friend who had returned from Cordon Bleau in Paris...

skeptical and with money burning a hole in my pocket, i ordered one.

love.this.knife.

ive heard people online complain about it not holding an edge, but being a professional chef, i sharpen my knives daily.

using the "pearl" keeps my grip, and i have never had a problem with slippage.

only issue i have is keeping my staff's grubby mitts off it.

interested how the rest of these knives measure up as well.

I really wanted to like this knife. I tried researching and watched YouTube videos to see what it looked like and it has an incredibly gorgeous look to it that sort of made me blinded to the functionality.

I am not a culinary chef by any means but cook regularly at least once or twice a day at home; not making any grilled cheese sandwiches or anything like that but full course meals for the family. I do lots of vegetable and fruit preparation in general and I have a Cutco knife that has stood the test of time but I wanted to give this one a try. First off; the packaging in the wooden box and the whole allure of it is fantastic. Makes it sort of like Christmas morning opening the package. The knife itself did not let me down aesthetically, it's also great that you can stand it up by itself.. not really sure what that does for functionality but it looks cool nonetheless.

The blade is THIN; I mean, I could probably bend it easily if I tried hard enough with just my hands. This is the only reason why I returned it; but the blade also sticks easily to garlic and fresh herbs that are cut up. However, I would have overlooked that if the blade wasn't so thin. I tried chopping up some ginger that wasn't even that hard and the blade bent under the pressure and whipped back straight after the cut which scared me a bit. Maybe I am using it incorrectly and this is the first 10 inch blade I've used, I usually use 8 inch ones so maybe that is a problem too. I should go smaller; but because of this, the knife would not serve my purposes in the kitchen. It would be great for soft vegetables and it was indeed very sharp out of the box which was nice but I just need more strength in the blade so this did not make the cut; pun intended.

Overall, I might try their other knives and see if they work out but this one left me a bit disappointed. Especially since most of the reviews on here just state that they went to Culinary school and they loved it so it makes me feel like I am a noob and did something wrong perhaps but oh well, I'll be sticking with my old trusty Cutco knife for now.

Buy Chroma Type 301 Designed By F.A. Porsche 10 Inch Chef Knife P01 Now

I bought this knife as a Christmas present for my daughter. We had attended a knife course at a local chain in Chicago and had the chance to use several high quality kitchen knives. This particular knife (and the whole set) is outstanding for women who don't have large wrists and forearms for cutting all day. It's lightweight, well balanced and has no hiding place for food residue. The blade is razor thin and razor sharp. It should be cleaned immediately after use and returned to safe storage. It would be easy to get a severe cut just from a glancing touch of the blade. It is also easy to thin-slice 10 pounds of potatoes and 2 pounds of sweet potatoes in record time and without breaking a sweat. I'm a long-time Santoku fan but I'm happy to play with the Chromas anytime. If I wasn't old already, these would be my lifetime knives, even though I think they're ugly. Ah, well...

Read Best Reviews of Chroma Type 301 Designed By F.A. Porsche 10 Inch Chef Knife P01 Here

I decided to purchase this knife after using it in a cooking class. I cook frequently, but never splurged on high quality knives. This knife is amazing! It's much lighter than many of the German brands like Wusthof and Henkels, but still cuts through food effortlessly. It also has an ergonomically correct handle, so it feels great in your hand. Oh, and not to mention, it's beautifully designed.

Want Chroma Type 301 Designed By F.A. Porsche 10 Inch Chef Knife P01 Discount?

I ordered this knife from Amazon and received it promptly. This was the first Chroma 301 that I had purchased. I had seen them before in kitchens, and was initially attracted by the sleek modern design as well as how easy they would be to keep clean (NSF) no where for bacteria to hide. I was pleasantly surprised when I first used the knife and found that it was light, well balanced and super sharp. I have been buying these knives ever since--working on a full set 1 at a time. So far they have all been super quality, no complaints at all. One thing I have a little trouble getting used to is the fact that you shouldn't use a steel with them. You must sharpen with a whetstone which I have learned to do about once a week as I use them daily in our catering business. I gave my son, who is one of our chefs, the heavier german knives.

Save 20% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment