Wusthof Classic 4-1/2-Inch Utility Knife

Wusthof Classic 4-1/2-Inch Utility KnifeI purchased this knife by itself (not in a set) and find it to live up to it's "utility" claims. For those of you who buy knives individually instead of in large sets, this is a nice addition. I was looking for something smaller to compliment my Santoku Chef's knife, but thought the smaller paring knife wouldn't be very useful for much else. This size works well for small chopping tasks and is easy to use for paring as well.

It really doesn't make much sense to get a set that includes several of these smaller knives. This one alone has exceeded all expectations.

The Wusthof 4 1/2 Inch Utility Knife is perfect for almost any small to medium size job in the kitchen. It is exceptionally well balanced and almost infinitely adaptable. The knife is amazingly sharp when it comes out of the box, and holds a great edge even after a lot of use. I find this knife to be my personal cutting implement of choice when I need something smaller than a boning knife.

Wusthof knives have been in my kitchen for years and they are the best knives I have ever used. I used to be a chef in a gourmet beef restaurant and I would have loved to have had a set of Wusthofs then. Now I have my own set, but of all the knives in my kitchen I think this one probably gets the most use. Buy a Wusthof once, and never replace it: they are expensive but worth every penny.

Buy Wusthof Classic 4-1/2-Inch Utility Knife Now

There are really two main competitors in the high-end mainstream kitchen knife market: Henckels and Wusthof. Those who have used both usually have a preference. My preference (and therefore bias you should know about) is for the Wusthofs.

The Wusthof Classic line is the more conservative counterpart to the Grand Prix line. The only difference, however, is the handle style. I personally prefer the Grand Prix, but this is an issue of personal preference. The balance and grip of these knives are as close to perfect as I have found. For those wondering what benefits a higher priced knife provides, one benefit is that the blade (or tang) is one piece all the way through the handle. This makes the blade much stronger, and less likely to snap.

The Wusthof 4 ½ inch utility knife is a great all-around knife. This is the knife I use for the majority of my small chopping work (when I don't use a Chef's knife).

Read Best Reviews of Wusthof Classic 4-1/2-Inch Utility Knife Here

I've had a set of walnut handled Chicago Cutlery for 25 years, but after thanksgiving my two paring knives disappeard. So after reading all the reviews I cought this knife and a 3 1/2". WOW razor sharp and nicely balanced. It's a keeper. I only wish I could afford to buy all new Wusthof knives.

Want Wusthof Classic 4-1/2-Inch Utility Knife Discount?

Make sure you are getting the knife you want! I am pretty sure the photo above is of a Wusthof 4066. The knife I received was a Wusthof 4110. The Wusthof website lists the 4110 as a Salami knife. The bar code on the back of the boxed knife I received lists it as a Utility Knife. I am sure it is a nice knife, but it isn't what I wanted or ordered. I went back and read all the reviews, and only one of the reviews I read hinted that the knife had a serrated blade.

Save 20% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment