Forschner Paring Knife

3.25' Wavy Edge Paring Knife in BlackI recently obtained one of these in very, very used condition from a relative. It had been in an outdoor shed for years, where it had been used for a lot of extreme use (cutting heavy rope, cutting plants, etc.). Even though it was filthy and looked to be badly rusted from neglect, it turned out to be in excellent shape after just a little bit of dish soap and a good scrubbing. No actual rust at all, and not even any staining on the blade. I ran it through the dishwasher, just to be sure it was disinfected, then added it to my kitchen knife collection. The first time I used it was as a steak knife. I needed one more steak knife than I had in my set of matching knives when I had people over for dinner, so I grabbed this one to use myself in order to let my wife and guests have the "good" knives. Well, this was easily the best steak knife I have ever used. It felt good in my hand, and sliced through meat like butter. It had no trouble going through tough gristle, and made nice clean, neat cuts on small and delicate pieces of meat. Whenever I go to a restaurant and have steak, I cringe when they bring out those big nasty "safety" steak knives, the ones that are like serrated spatulas so you can't accidentally (or on purpose) stab anybody. Those things are useless and make it so awkward to eat a steak I hardly ever order steak or prime rib out anymore. I wish restaurants would hand out these. They are cheap. The blades aren't long enough to turn them into menacing weapons. And, apparently, they hold up well for professional use.

I plan on buying a dozen of these and getting rid of my existing steak knives and I can't imagine a cheaper way of getting a matched set of quality steak knives.

HIGHLY recommended as a steak knife, and surely would suit you well for any number of other utility uses, including kitchen prep, camping, garden, or just having around the workshop. They are so cheap, you should get one just to use and if you don't like it, you can just toss it in a drawer and forget about it.

We bought some of these at least 10 years ago if not more, and the last of them disappeared lately. They still had an edge, just not as clean. We will enjoy these just as much as we enjoyed the last ones. Great for grapefruit, steaks, carrots, whatever you need to cut, they will cut.

Buy Forschner Paring Knife Now

Already own 2 of these knives but had to purchase 2 more. It is always my first choice for my paring knife needs. I own a very expensive set of knives but this is just a great little knife. Great deal! Purchased my first one after reading a review on it in Cook's Magazine.

Read Best Reviews of Forschner Paring Knife Here

Nice and sharp, does a good job on everything from thin-slicing smoked salmon to cutting up sourdough baguettes. I have three of them on hand for all the little jobs.

Want Forschner Paring Knife Discount?

0 comments:

Post a Comment