Chef's Choice 9-Inch Poultry Shears

Chef's Choice 9-Inch Poultry ShearsThese scissors are very mediocre. I used them once. They are heavy and difficult to use, especially for women whose hands are not as strong. I got pretty tired half-way through cutting a cornish hen. They cut okay, but it was a lot of work.

I took them apart and washed them, and then the springs won't let me put them back together. The scissors won't close, so I can't put it back in the original box to store.

I'm currently looking for a new pair of poultry scissors...

I bought these to spatchcock chickens for barbequing. Personally, I love `em. They cut right through the chicken bones. Not without a little force, but hey, they're bones, you know? They aren't dainty, and I don't think they'd do a great job on small items. I got them to cut chicken bones, and that's what they do.

Pros: These are heavy weight, and they are stainless. One blade is serrated, and it holds the bones for better cutting. The blades come apart very easily for cleaning.

Cons: The spring area rusts. This isn't a huge deal, and if you remember to dry it and stick in a little oil, it isn't a bother at all. Sometimes I see the rust and grumble. The locking mechanism is kinda wonky, but if you swing it about 270 degrees out of the way, you're ok.

Buy Chef's Choice 9-Inch Poultry Shears Now

These shears are a very close copy to the $110 Wusthoff 5512. I felt a little guilty for buying a product based on stolen ideas but, hey, it saved me 80 bucks! I ended up with practically the same as the German made Wusthoffs I was lusting for. The material (stainless steel), the shape, the weight, the functionality, every tiny detail are the same the tolerances are perfect, so is the feel, the finish, precision and the quality of manufacture. I have seen a lot of junk made in China but when American supervision and quality control are in place it can be world class. This is obviously the case here. Chef's Choice did a great job Thanks very much for caring!!!

These scissors are brilliantly engineered to deliver optimal leverage in tight spaces. The beak shape and serration of the blades keep the bones/meat in place.

The parts come apart easy for cleaning, perhaps too easily for newbies. You have to remain aware that the parts come apart when you allow the spring to spread the halves too wide. This may be something to get used to for the average consumer. But it's a skill easily learned! With a little more practice you'll be able to re-assemble the two parts in a second or two. The spring is permanently attached to one half, so it won't get lost. There are only two parts how hard can it be!

One thing I would change: I feel the spring locking mechanism should be on the very rear of the handles as on traditional poultry shears, where they would be away from the food and your fingers. The lock mechanism is awkward. The pin sticking out interferes with the streamlines of the shears. In actual use, so far, I haven't had any problems but I feel this should have been done different. Of course the same would be true for the Wusthoff version!

Read Best Reviews of Chef's Choice 9-Inch Poultry Shears Here

These shears cut amazingly well notched at the back of the blade to cut small bones and tendons. They feel heavy in your hand with nice large handles. Smaller hands may find these cumbersome for everyday use but are a definite must if you cook a lot of poultry. The spring does pop out easily during cleaning. I make it a point to remove it and set it aside right away as to not lose it.

Want Chef's Choice 9-Inch Poultry Shears Discount?

The first time I used these shears the spring bent and would not allow me to close them (i.e., cut anything) and there is NO WAY to fix the spring. I'm trying to find a replacement spring, but I suspect that will be impossible or expensive.

Very disappointing.

Save 20% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment