Wusthof Classic Ikon 7-Inch Fillet With Sheath, Black

Wusthof Classic Ikon 7-Inch Fillet With Sheath, BlackI just can not say enough about Wusthof as a quality knife maker, and this fillet knife is no exception. It has good balance. Fits very well in my extra large hands. It came sharp. The blade has a good balance between its stiffness and flex, due to the shape of the spline. I have cleaned 10 salmon with it. I did not have to sharpen it, and it was still incredibly sharp when I got finished. Time will tell how often I have to sharpen it. They do have a reputation for keeping an edge. Due to the steel they use to forge (yes this is a forged knife) their higher end knifes. They boast that their steel will not stain, we will let time be the judge on that one. But I would venture to guess that anyone who pays the price for this knife will take very good care of it.

My knife has the formula "X 50 Cr Mo 15" etched into its blade, signifying that each is made with 0.5% carbon, 15% chromium and unspecified but smaller amounts of molybdenum and vanadium. X50CrMoV15 is the German DIN standard name of the alloy. I believe that there is a 40 step manufacturing process for each knife.

Take the whole as a package and you get a top notch leather sheath, an incredible knife, that is at home in the field or kitchen. That seems to keep a great edge (We will see how well it takes an edge when it come time). for $140 bucks. I think it was worth it, if it continues to perform.

UPDATE: The knife came sharp, but after cleaning a few fish I decided to "touch up the blade" I put it on my Japanese wet stones, and put a wicked edge on the knife. Wow what a difference. This thing is like a dream now. The more I use this knife the better I like it.

I had purchased a Wusthof fillet knife last year and really liked the model. It was very sharp out of the box and did an excellent job. I noticed the "classic" and debated purchasing another expensive fillet knife but curiosity finally won over and I ordered this knife. I did not think the knife would be much different from the original purchase, but there was a noticeable improvement in quality with this knife. Very sharp out of the box, a little better sheathe and the handle was more comfortable. Either knife is a winner but this Classic is a bit more quality laden the original.

Buy Wusthof Classic Ikon 7-Inch Fillet With Sheath, Black Now

This is a very well made knife. Good feel and flexible blade. razor sharp and holds an edge.

Ive owned at least a dozen fillet knives and this is by far the best.

Read Best Reviews of Wusthof Classic Ikon 7-Inch Fillet With Sheath, Black Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment