Ronco 20-Piece Knife Set

Ronco 20-Piece Knife SetWow never seen such junk as these knives. The hard plastic handles are screwed on under the silver tone plastic rivets which you will see when the rivets fall out, the screws are all rusted. The plastic handles are falling off and move around, they get water in between the plastic and the metal tangs which drips out when you wash them. The plastic is hollow so you can literally shake the water out of the handle. They rust like crazy and I have never put them in the dishwasher. Sharp at first but dull quickly. Made in China.

I bought this set a while back from the Ronco website. I was so excited...finally knives that would work the way a good knife set should work. They did not work at all from the beginning. Most of the knives are so thin and flimsy, they bend very dangerously if you apply even a little pressure, and I don't know about you but I like my fingers where they are, thank you. The only knife I could use at all was the carving knife, as all of the others were either too hard to use or too dull from the second I opened the box, and that has since gone completely and forever dull, as well...and I have even taken them to a professional knife sharpening store. After just a few hand washes, they have all gotten pretty spotty, which surprises me since they are all supposed to be stainless-steel, and says so right on the very spotty blade of every one of those knives. The cheese knife was not supposed to stick to cheese...and guess what that knife sticks to the most...you guessed it, cheese. Everything they said in the infommercial was a complete lie, a fabrication of such magnitude that I can't believe he wasn't sued over it. Hell, even the wooden block it is in is cheap and splinters almost as soon as it gets out of the box. To add insult to injury, I paid the infommercial price of 3 payments of $13 each with a $43 shipping charge. I will NEVER buy anything from Ronco again. Save your money and buy a cheap set at Wal*Mart...the quality will be about the same, or even better.

Buy Ronco 20-Piece Knife Set Now

I've had a set of these knives for a little over 7 years. The handles finally started to go. I was surprised and weary of seeing the replacements for only $30 here on Amazon, but I went ahead and ordered them. The knives look stronger, feel lighter, and work great. If I get half the time out of these that I did from the originals I will be happy.

For the price, you can't go wrong.

Read Best Reviews of Ronco 20-Piece Knife Set Here

The knives appear to be sharp initially don't know when they are used. My husband bought the knife set directly on their TV commercial. They are flimsy knives and to add insult to injury he paid $25 each set for shipping for the buy one get one free offer. I would like to return but paying for return shipping is a big no brainer. I will just give these away as presents. Do not buy this product it's a rip off!

Want Ronco 20-Piece Knife Set Discount?

I have been busy reading several of the one star reviews. Some of the points are valid, but for the price, I have found these knives do work quite well. I bought my set as a Buy One Get one Free online deal way back around 2001 (Looks like the same deal online right now, 11 years later). I've lost a couple of the pieces, bent one or two, but still use these knives daily in my cooking. The standard blade knives I sharpen every once in a while, and the special blades are still sharp enough to cut through a mushy tomato. These have received a TON of use, but still work fine. It's true that they're not close to some of the high end brands as far as feel or quality, but they work very well for the money.

The writing on my knife block is long worn out, but these knives are still going strong.

Save 25% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment