Paula Deen Signature Cutlery 3-Piece Chef Set with Sheaths, Speckle Blueberry

Paula Deen Signature Cutlery 3-Piece Chef Set with Sheaths, Speckle BlueberryCustomer review from the Amazon Vine Program When I opened these knives this morning I found them to be super sharp. I expected the prep for frittata and potatoes would be a breeze.

With this set I cut onion, potato, tomato, avocado, shallots (and later apple). With each item I cut (using the appropriate knives for each) I found the initial penetrating cut was easy, but moving the knife through each of the items was met with resistance. My best guess is all the speckling. It creates more of a drag through increases surface area. The speckles are slightly tacky and raised, so holding an item and cut allows for the item to get a grip around the speckles.

Aslo, can't say I love the handles. The shape is similar to a bread knife I have and I like the shape there, but perhaps due to the drag here I'm finding the handle not as ergonomic.

Overall, if you want pretty knives, this set may work for you.

If you want knives that cut effortlessly when they are as sharp as these knives are, then you may want to skip this set. There simply shouldn't be the level of resistance I experienced given the sharpness of their blades.

Customer review from the Amazon Vine Program Three knives are in this set powdercoated blue with blue handles and plastic covers for the blades.

What I like:

The knives are very sharp right out of the plastic.

They look nice and the blue color on the blade doesn't chip off (yet).

The paring knife is well balanced and the grip is comfortable.

What I don't like:

The knives are sharp but they lack weight and are difficult to use with precision and speed. The lack of heft in the blade and handle means that you must exert more force to cut a clean line through vegetables, fruits, and meats.

They tend to cut along the grain of the vegetable as the blade is very thin.

The knife set is probably worth $20 rather than the $30 is costs.

Overall, decent knife set if you can get it for $20.

Buy Paula Deen Signature Cutlery 3-Piece Chef Set with Sheaths, Speckle Blueberry Now

Customer review from the Amazon Vine Program These knives are pretty much what I thought they would be. So I wasn't too disapointed with them. The color is pleasing and I like the fact they come with sheaths so they wont get banged around in the drawer. However, if you're looking for a good set of knives, I'd suggest you pass on these. They feel cheap in my hands. They are not balanced and the handles really aren't all that more comfortable than a regluar knife handle. They are sharp, but not sure how long they will stay that way. Also not sure how long that coating will stay on either. Like any other knife, you have to wash these by hand, which the coating makes pretty easy. So far not much has stuck to it. This would be a good "first" set of knives for a new cook, but if you're looking for a high quality knife set, this isn't it.

Read Best Reviews of Paula Deen Signature Cutlery 3-Piece Chef Set with Sheaths, Speckle Blueberry Here

Customer review from the Amazon Vine Program These knives seem to be a much better quality than I expected. They're very sharp and very comfortable to hold in the hand. Additionally, their unique blue speckled color will add a little color to your kitchen and can lend itself to being a conversation piece. I haven't used them long enough to know how well they maintain their sharpness or how easy they are to sharpen but I suspect they'd be no more difficult than any other knife to sharpen.

Kind of a neat item.

Want Paula Deen Signature Cutlery 3-Piece Chef Set with Sheaths, Speckle Blueberry Discount?

Customer review from the Amazon Vine Program I'm not a professional chef and I don't think I'm a knife snob ("I only use wustoff" or "if its not German it's not worth it")... I have also used the pampered chef knives many times--I think this set is trying to compete with that, primarily. The color is really attractive(on a personal note it matches my kitchen!) and looks fairly true to the photo. The handle is coated so you cant tell how it's made; I assume its not a forged blade all the way to the back. Unfortunately, this set can't be sharpened and loses the most points since I found each knife fairly dull upon opening. I really feel that a good knife can cut a tomato, and if it can't, it's NOT a good knife. So while Paula is adorable and these knives are pretty, I don't consider these to be very good knives.

Save 24% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment