International 53-Piece Simplicity Flatware Set

International 53-Piece Simplicity Flatware SetWith 53 pieces at a price that approaches plastic picnic-ware, this set offers pretty good value. As other reviewers have pointed out, the pieces are nice and shiny, and have a pleasant modern look.

There are a couple of things to note, however. First, these seem to be very inexpensive stampings from relatively thin metallic sheets. This means that if there is a raised detail on one side of a fork, there is a corresponding recessed detail on the other side. The result is a lightweight feel and a tendency to flex a bit if too much pressure is applied.

There was a second surprise that I found while unpacking. The set comes with a long list of instructions. Basically, they state that you must not allow the flatware to dwell in a wet environment. The rules don't say what will happen if you don't follow the recommendations, but I suspect that corrosion may be one of the results.

Anyway, I throw my set in the dishwasher regularly and have had no problems yet. I'm happy with my purchase, but I have modest expectations regarding its longevity.

I bought these because the price was right.thinking they are going be light and cheap.But i got fooled these have some weight to them and they wash very nice and keep there shine.

Buy International 53-Piece Simplicity Flatware Set Now

This set was given to me as a gift. They looked similar to the ones I requested, but were of much lower quality (which I don't think the giver of said gift meant to do). At any rate, we've been using them like we would any other silverware. In our house dishes don't always get done immediately. I'm not saying they sit in the sink for days on end, but it may be the morning after before dinner dishes are all washed. I bring this up because we had a busy night recently and the silverware was in the sink until the morning at which point there was already rust on one of the pieces. I will accept some blame, but I know I'm not the only one with less than immediate cleaning habits, so buyer beware. I have two other issues with this product. I have two spoons that bent already from the pressure of scraping ice cream out of a carton. I say scraping because I was not digging for a "scoop" of ice cream, I was just trying to get a couple of tablespoons worth off the top. I know using a tablespoon in place of an ice cream scoop is hazardous, but I was being gentle about it and the bend happened quite suddenly. They are inappropriately flimsy. My last set was a Target special from college days. It was tacky, but I only ever had one break. My last comment regarding these is that they call it a 53 piece set and show you the pieces--mostly. The "steak knives" are so pathetic they are embarrassed to show them or properly describe them. I sincerely believe they went to the dollar store to buy these steak knives in bulk. Thin blades and black plastic handles make this feel like it could give out at any moment. I was really hoping for a set with substance. Now I can't even return them because the one who gave them to me does not "believe in gift receipts". So, on to the next garage sale they'll go I guess. And back to the tacky college silverware for now.

Read Best Reviews of International 53-Piece Simplicity Flatware Set Here

These are very nicely designed, but that is where the good ends. I washed them once, with the heated dry setting so they didn't stay damp, and they still rusted. Upon further inspection, I noticed the ends of the handles are also rough on some pieces. They are heavier than the lousy stuff you can buy at the dollar store, but still far from the weight of quality sets. So, I would not say they are heavy as some other reviewers have stated...more like average weighted.

Also, I believe that even though the MSRP is $75...there is NO way these could ever be sold at that price...they are not even worth the discounted price IMO. It's just one of those circumstances where the manufacturer puts out a false MSRP that is only intended to make the actual sale price seem like a great deal. And to top all of that off...you're actually buying a 45 piece set since you will never even contemplate using the laughable steak knives they have included. Ridiculous quality I assure you.

I noticed after ordering that they are actually 18/0 stainless and not 18/10 as I had mistakenly thought I read. That is where the big difference is, and I have read that this particular wording is used as a ploy to cause consumers to accidentally read it as 18/10 and think they are getting a standard of quality that they are not. The numbers mean they actually have 0% nickel compared to the 10% nickel that most stainless sets have. The nickel is essential for corrosion and rust resistance. So, do not make the same mistake I did and read the specs of flatware sets carefully.

I have purchased International flatware before and the previous set was of a much better quality than this set, so if you have enjoyed the International brand before...don't expect these to be the same.

Want International 53-Piece Simplicity Flatware Set Discount?

I have never owned stainless flatware that rusts after being washed. Each time you wash in the dishwasher be prepared to clean off the rust spots with steel wool (SOS pad) or else wash by hand. Very poor quality.

Save 36% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment