Honey-Can-Do International KCH-01081 Bamboo Bread Box

Honey-Can-Do International KCH-01081 Bamboo Bread BoxI was hesitant to order this box, since there were no reviews, but decided to brave it, since I really liked the idea of the sliding cutting drawer. I'm glad I ordered it, but buyers should be warned that it will not work without a bit of 'tweeking'.

Problems with this box:

1) The drawer insert gets caught when trying to pull it out

2) The knife holder is too shallow (and short) to hold most bread knives.

How I solved these problems:

1) I removed the stays under the drawer and the drawer is no longer 'attached' to the box, resting directly on the counter under the bread box this lowered the insert so it no longer 'catches' and gave more room for the knife.

2) I also filed down the lip on the bottom under the drawer to have it rest a little lower.

I'm enjoying my breadbox, after these 'tweeks'.

Note: Also be advised that the cutting insert is a little thin for my liking and 'bows' a bit under pressure. I have not had any trouble cutting on it yet.

Enjoy.

I am returning what I received in the mail and am ordering another in the hopes that this second attempt will be a better made product. The one I am returning has a crooked handle on the sliding lid. It's easy enough to unscrew except I can't get the screw loosened from the other side and feel like if I add any more pressure I'll break it. The pullout drawer is also backwards. It looks like someone attached the knife holder to the back so that if I had a knife stored in it then it would be stored in the back instead of at the front, as shown in the picture. It's could definitely be lovely box, but I'll have to wait and see...

Buy Honey-Can-Do International KCH-01081 Bamboo Bread Box Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment