BELLINI Waiters Corkscrew Double Lever - Double-Hinged Stainless Steel Corkscrew, Rosewood Accents

BELLINI Waiters Corkscrew Double Lever - Double-Hinged Stainless Steel Corkscrew, Rosewood AccentsI probably own too many corkscrews, but manage to accumulate them like a black suit attracts cat hairs. This is one of my latest impulse buys and I love it.

First, the most important part the helical worm has optimum lead and pitch. This allows it to perfectly bite into the cork with the initial turn, and positively engage the cork without skewing or tearing it.

For folks who prefer double-hinged corkscrews this one has two levels on the fulcrum that are spaced ideally for incrementally extracting the cork. I prefer to remove corks by a twist and pull using this as a T-handle style extractor and it works perfectly that way as well.

The foil knife is sharp and cuts right through without mangling or tearing like some cheap corkscrews. The icing, though, is the feel and look scream quality and aesthetics. The hint of rosewood is so understated that you get the feeling the designer and manufacturer did not want to detract attention from the functionality and construction of this tool.

Of course the price is right too. A tool of this quality in the sub ten dollar price range (at the time of this review) is a steal no matter how you look at it. I didn't need it when I purchased it since I have dozens of other ones, but I am glad I gave in to impulse because this one that I'll use often.

0 comments:

Post a Comment