Wusthof 4483 10-Inch Diamond Sharpening Steel, Wide

Wusthof 4483 10-Inch Diamond Sharpening Steel, WideI've been a professional chef for five years and I only buy Wusthof cutlery. The diamond sharpening steel is the best there is available. The steel will not only hone your blades but it will also sharpen them. Sometimes even better than a professional. The ten inch length is good if you have a knife of the same size, but I think it could be a bit longer.

I prefer to use knives no longer than 10 inches unless required. My favorite knife is an 8" Chef's Knife from the Wusthof Classic collection. I use this steel at least once daily and use it on all my knives monthly. I wouldn't reccommend anything else for my Wusthof's.

Having read the reviews of a couple or three Professional Chefs, I ordered the Sharpening Steel and.........WOW!.....What a difference! I've had a 12" Diamond Steel from another brand and "Thought" it was good, and it is......however....this one is very superior! Now I can understand why the Professionals prefer this one. I have several Wusthof Knives and love each of them but had just never thought about the Sharpening Steel until I read the reviews. Great work, Wusthof! I very strongly recommend this Steel.

Buy Wusthof 4483 10-Inch Diamond Sharpening Steel, Wide Now

I used a regular steel daily for many years. All that changed when a friend at work started using a (no name) diamond steel. I could immediately see and feel a difference in my knives' performances. Then I purchased the Wustoff Diamond Steel and noticed an even greater difference.

Here's the thing.

I attribute the difference to 2 things. The steel itself is slightly heavier. This gives one more control when honing a knife. There also seems to be a larger amount (ratio) and coarseness of diamond dust on the steel.

Read Best Reviews of Wusthof 4483 10-Inch Diamond Sharpening Steel, Wide Here

I cook for a living, and I use this steel daily in the kitchen. I have found it to be durable, of good construction, and a good value for the price. Within less than 15 seconds I can put a quick edge touch-up on a knife, though I feel the steel is too coarse to be used alone: I typically finish the edge on a ceramic rod, otherwise I find I have too much of a 'ripping edge'. I plan on buying another when this current one is worn out, and I don't expect that to happen for at least two years of hard professional use. Works especially well with carbon steel knives, I have never seen my fish slicing knives sharper!

Want Wusthof 4483 10-Inch Diamond Sharpening Steel, Wide Discount?

This is the best diamond sharpener I've seen (I've bought several and just ordered two more, one for my son and one for my workshop.) It's a great way to keep sharp knives sharp. It takes a while to get a dull knife sharp using this sharpener but it can be done.

Don't rub the knife across the the sharpener. Keep the knife at approximately 45 degrees to the sharpener and move it lengthways up and down the sharpener (sharpening on the down stroke, or as you pull the knife toward the sharpener handle.) Choose an appropriate sharpening angle. The exact sharpening angle is a matter of personal choice depending on what type of edge you wish to create (the lower the angle, the sharper the knife BUT the more delicate the edge.)

If you have difficulty choosing a sharpening angle, it's okay, you'll get the hang of it after a few sharpenings. As you sharpen, you're trying to create small, near microscopic, teeth on the edge of the knife. If you move the knife across the sharpener, tip to handle, this will not happen. WARNING ALMOST EVERYONE, USED TO USING A DULL KNIFE, WHEN USING A NEWLY SHARPENED, RAISER EDGE KNIFE, WILL CUT THEMSELVES. BE CAREFUL!!

Good luck,

Rod

0 comments:

Post a Comment