Smith's Abrasives Deluxe Knife/Scissor Sharpener

Smith's Abrasives Deluxe  Knife/Scissor SharpenerThis sharpener comes with the ability to sharpen both knives and scissors (both left handed and right handed). It is lightweight and portable.

To operate the sharpener you must 1st flip down the guard (see picture above). This guard does not lock but there is a notch that it falls into once opened. Too much pressure and the guard will slip out of the notch and collapse the sharpener while in use. The sharpener is not free standing and requires a hand on it to keep it upright while sharpening. At best, this is somewhat ackward.

The angle at which to hold the knife while sharpening is a best guess. Although the sharpener's blade design is V-shaped(see picture above), which allows the knife to fit into the groove, there is still room for slippage while pulling the knife through which can scrape and scar the side of the knife.

The knife sharpener has a "course" side and a "fine" side (see picture above). Those with damaged and knicked blades use the course side then finish with the fine side. Those just "touching up" a blade that is already sharp with only use the fine.

Although I tried to sharpen a pair of right handed scissors using this sharpener, I did not notice any change after 2 or 3 pulls. I did have success sharpening knives. Although I found it ackward to bend over the sharpener trying to keep it steady while pulling the knife through.

Yes, the company succeeded in designing a knife sharpener. However, it is unsteady and it requires some skill to hold and operate at the same time.

I've been packing my own paring knife in a toothbrush holder to take to the vacation beach house, because the knives there are always a ragged mess from being jammed into the dishwasher with all the other flatware. This year, I packed this little knife shapener.

It folds flat, and doesn't take up much room in a suitcase, or a kitchen drawer. One reviewer here complained about having to hold the handle to keep it steady. I actually like that. Holding the handle above the sharpening part keeps my fingers out of harm's way. The flipdown cover protects the countertop.

First evening at the beach house, I pulled out all the knives and shapened all the ones that had plain blades. (No, you can't sharpen serrated blades with this I've never seen a home gizmo that will but I haven't looked.)

Next day, the cooks were exclaiming, "Wow! This house has sharp knives!" Even the cheapie "Dollar Store" kinds were usable. My sister said, "That's 'cause Genie sharpened them all last night." Dad got interested. He's 87, and considers himself somewhat of a whetstone virtuoso. He declared this thing to be a lot easier to use, and asked me if I'd get him one. If it passes the "Dad Test" it must be pretty good.

Buy Smith's Abrasives Deluxe Knife/Scissor Sharpener Now

THIS IS THE EASIEST SHARPENER I HAVE USED, BETTER THAN THE ELECTRIC ONES THAT EAT AWAY THE BLADE. IT IS ALSO SAFE: ON A SIMILAR SHARPENER WITH OUT THE PROTECTIVE SHIELD CUTS ARE FREQUENT AND DANGEROUS. THE ONLY NEGATIVE IS THAT THE CARBIDE BLADES GET DULL AFTER A WHILE.REPLACEMENT BLADES WOULD ENHANCE THE UTILTY.

Read Best Reviews of Smith's Abrasives Deluxe Knife/Scissor Sharpener Here

I love this sharpener. It is so easy to use and it sharpened scissors with damaged blades back to decent sharpness. It also made my Leatherman blade very sharp again!

Want Smith's Abrasives Deluxe Knife/Scissor Sharpener Discount?

This is the second one of these Smith sharpeners we have had over the last 3-years. This is the best sharpener I have found over the years.

Save 30% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment