Chicago Cutlery Metropolitan 10-Piece Knife Set with Block

Chicago Cutlery Metropolitan 10-Piece Knife Set with BlockI am writing this review to affirm and expand upon the earlier review posted by NJOY. These knives, if cleaned in a dishwasher, will indeed rust immediately.

I purchased this set in May 2007 as a gift for my wife. Both of us lead busy lives and were happy to come across this set, which was strongly recommended by Consumer Reports and had packaging touting the knives as "dishwasher safe." We sadly found the packaging claim to be a baseless marketing ploy, and have lost faith in Consumer Reports for not exposing this obvious flaw.

A complaint to Chicago Cutlery yielded a response saying the knives "are made of high carbon stainless steel which unfortunately does rust" and that "to avoid rust, the blades have to be kept well oiled." It should be noted that there are no such disclaimers or instructions in the set's included Care Guide. Also, despite the company's Lifetime Guarantee promising that "any piece found to be defective will be repaired or replaced at no charge," the company only offered to send some oil to help in rust removal.

I strongly advise against purchasing this product or any Chicago Cutlery items. Instead, find a manufacturer who stands behind their product and engages in honest marketing.

Also read the Consumer Reports review and bought them on this recommendation, but I am confident that there is no way that they used the same knives as I received. Quickly reboxed the set and will be returning for something higher quality. There is nothing high quality about the Metropolitan set. The knives are very light and the plastic handles feel cheap. The blades are thin and flexible. This is good for a filet knife, but not what I want in my chef's knife. The one positive is that the block provided was pretty nice.

Buy Chicago Cutlery Metropolitan 10-Piece Knife Set with Block Now

This is a great deal good knives that are sharp and dishwasher safe.

Read Best Reviews of Chicago Cutlery Metropolitan 10-Piece Knife Set with Block Here

I recieved this as a gift, and the only reason I gave it a 4 was because, they left out the boneing knifeI can get that later.

It looks fantastic on the counter.

I used it immediatly, and I was so impressed with the productI used 3 out of the set. They were wonderful!!

This is not a set for the "Chef", but definatly a good product for the everyday householdactually, better than that!

Buy this for yourself, a great product, or get it as a gift for someone else. You cannot go wrong!!!

This is my edit after a year, I hate the sharpening wand that came with this. I had to buy a good stone!

Want Chicago Cutlery Metropolitan 10-Piece Knife Set with Block Discount?

Prior to buying this set, I had your run-of-the-mill basic knives. I didn't known what I was missing out on. These are really nice and sharp and I use the chef's knife the most (how did I live without that?). I have never used the expensive sets, so I don't have that for comparison, but I think this is a good quality set of knives.

0 comments:

Post a Comment